1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao Scares Girl - Causes Damage!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MadMonk, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titaniumws

titaniumws Member

In California, 6.75 is the minimun wage...

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why? That was a nice story.

4. wiredog

wiredog Member

25%? Honestly, how many of you tip that much? Only place I might tip 25% is at Hooter's.

5. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

If anyone believed that tipping story, I have some Clippers playoff tickets to sell them. :rolleyes:

Yao eats with his teammates all the time, I'm sure he knows about tipping. Furthermore, has Yao done anything that makes you think he is not media savy and media conscious? Yao probably visits these restuarants with a fairly big entourage. When you have a large group, the tip is included in the bill. :)

6. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

You guys know that on top of their salary, NBA players get 93$ per day while on the road. They should really be able to tip...

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I used to be a waiter, so I would tip 25%. Some people need to throw on an apron to realize it's a bit more work than you might think.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Minimum wage in Texas is 5.75 but waiters still get paid 2.13. Some states have unionized waiters; you would not want to dine out there.

9. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

stop posting your stop posting post.

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

lets go summarize this thread....
    I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip, if they really put forth the effort, I'll give 'em something extra, but I mean this tipping automatically is for the birds. I mean as far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job.
    Jesus Christ - I mean these ladies aren't starving to death. They make minimum wage. You know, I used to work minimum wage. And when I did, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job society deemed tip-worthy.
    So's working at McDonald's, but you don't feel the need to tip them, do you? Why not? They're servin ya food. But no, society says don't tip these guys over here, but tip these guys over here. That's bull****.

11. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

You're right. It's your prerogative not to tip ... just like it's everybody else's prerogative to think that you're a cheap b*stard for not tipping :rolleyes:
    In Texas, the minimum wage is a little more than the $2.13/hour that waiters make in salary.
    If you can't tell the difference in the level of service at McDonald's vs. a full service restaurant, then you're not very perceptive. :rolleyes:

12. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

Hahaha! You crazy fool! Go watch some movies my niggra!

NICE GUY EDDIE: C'mon, throw in a buck.
    MR. WHITE: Uh-uh. I don't tip.
    NICE GUY EDDIE: Whaddaya mean you don't tip?
    MR. WHITE: I don't believe in it.
    NICE GUY EDDIE: You don't believe in tipping?
    MR. PINK (laughing): I love this kid. He's a madman, this guy.
    MR. BLONDE: Do you have any idea what these ladies make? They make ****.
    MR. WHITE: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money, she can quit.
    Everybody laughs.
    NICE GUY EDDIE: I don't even know a Jew who'd have the balls to say that. So let's get this straight. You never ever tip?
    MR. WHITE: I don't tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody
    deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that ****'s for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just
    doin their job.
    MR. BLUE: Our girl was nice.
    MR. WHITE: Our girl was okay. She didn't do anything special.
    MR. BLONDE: What's something special, take ya in the kitchen and suck your d!ck?
    They all laugh.
    NICE GUY EDDIE: I'd go over twelve percent for that!
    MR. WRITE: Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've been here a long f*ckin time, and she's only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee, I want it filled six times.
    MR. BLONDE: What if she's too busy?
    MR. WHITE: The words "too busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary.
    NICE GUY EDDIE: Excuse me, Mr. White, but the last thing you need is another cup of
    coffee.
    They all laugh.
    MR. WHITE: These ladies aren't starvin to death. They make minimum wage. When I worked for minimum wage, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job that society deemed tipworthy.
    NICE GUY EDDIE: Ahh, now we're getting down to it. It's not just that he's a cheap b*stard-
    MR. ORANGE: -It is that too-
    NICE GUY EDDIE: -It is that too. But it's also he couldn't get a waiter job. You talk like a pissed off dishwasher: "F*ck those c*nts and their f*cking tips."
    MR. BLONDE: So you don't care that they're counting on your tip to live?
    Mr. White rubs two of his fingers together.
    MR. WHITE: Do you know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, playing just for the waitresses.
    MR. BLONDE: You don't have any idea what you're talking about. These people bust their ass. This is a hard job.
    MR. WHITE: So's working at McDonald's, but you don't feel the need to tip them. They're servin ya food, you should tip em. But no, society says tip these guys over here, but not those guys over there. That's bullsh!t.
    MR. ORANGE: They work harder than the kids at McDonald's.
    MR. WHITE: Oh yeah, I don't see them cleaning fryers.
    MR. BROWN: These people are taxed on the tips they make. When you stiff 'em, you cost them money.
    MR. BLONDE: Waitressing is the number one occupation for female non-college graduates in this country. It's the one job basically any woman can get, and make a living on. The reason is because of tips.
    MR. WHITE: F*ck all that.
    They all laugh.
    MR. WHITE: Hey, I'm very sorry that the government taxes their tips.That's f*cked up. But that ain't my fault. It would appear that waitresses are just one of the many groups the government f*cks in the ass on a regular basis. You show me a paper says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it. But what I won't do is play ball. And this non-college bullsh!t you're telling me, I got two words for that: "Learn to f*ckin type." Cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent, you're in for a big f*ckin surprise.
    MR. ORANGE: He's convinced me. Give me my dollar back.

13. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Usually I will tip like 2 * Taxes of the bill, according to my state's tax rate, it will be 17% of the bill, good enough.

Remeber, 15% - 25% is the percentage of the amount before tax. I think 10% is the minimum, but after all, it is all up to services.

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

That Yao Gatorade commercial is funny.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

OMG, I can't believe how many people here think its ok not to tip, or atleast not to tip well. If that story about Yao is true, than he's adjusting to the States, but if you are born here or being here for a while, you should not not tip, its just that simple. It's a service fee for eating in, you know having people bring your food, take your orders, and clean your desks after wards. If you think its ok since they are getting paid anyways for their jobs then your mistaken. Most restaurants don't neccessarily have to pay there waiter/waitress minium wage, they pay them a base from 2 - 4 dollars and then if they don't make enough in tips to meet that, then the restaurant reimburse them, but it happens rarely. I always try to tip 15% where ever I go if I can afford to as well as the delivery person if I call for delivery. Cause if u get a reputation as a bad tipper, who's to say they wont spit in your food the next time they "serve" you :D

16. DaGhettoAsianFo

DaGhettoAsianFo Contributing Member

good service=good tip

bad service=no tip

Being a high school student and eating out with my friends once in a while, some waiter just don't like the idea of whole bunch of teenagers making big messes...that's just stereotypical (although we someties do get too loud or whatever), we r actually well behaved, and plus, the fact that most of us r minorities, waiters don't really serve us kindly.....that's when they get bad tips:(

as I was saying..waiters earn their tips too!

17. user

user Member

They were paid 2-4 dollars for doing all your mentioned. It's the extra-hard working brings them extra-dollars beside the 2-4 dollars for cleaning, delivering ****. You just believe what the culture told you. This is a bad habbit to have. The culture sucks in many aspects.

18. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Member

As a former waiter @ Pappadeaux, I'd like to make a couple points:

WAITERS DO NOT MAKE MINNIMUM WAGE. They make 2.13 per hour plus tips. However, when you consider that the waiters must pay table bussers, hostesses, and bartenders a percentage of their tips, the waiters truly make nothing from the restaurant... in fact, they pay to wait on their tables. While being trained @ Pappadeaux, management told me to look at it as a service fee.

WAITERS CLAIM ALL CREDIT CARD TIPS. Actually, the restaurant claims it for them. Since approx 80% of diners pay with a cedit card, waiters pay at least that much. At Pappadeaux, management would discipline you if you didn't claim tips for cash transactions, because it meant you were giving substandard service.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think it's safe to say this thread has gone non-Rockets. If you want to start a thread about waiters, tips, and restaurants, start one in the BBS Forum. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.