1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: Possibility of not playing in Olympics is biggest disappointment of career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bronx43, Feb 26, 2008.

1. panthermo77

panthermo77 New Member

What's wrong with you?You made me sick.
    Every time you opened your mouth,you kept criticizing Yao,no matter how good and how hard he played.
    Communists brainwashed him?At least communists teached our people honesty,patriotism and dedication.You can't accept?Maybe you were brainwashed by your government or media.

2. bronx43

bronx43 Member

Going by his name, I wouldn't be surprised that he's some Korean kid who's angry that Ha-Seung Jin didn't pan out like they had hoped. :rolleyes:

3. xialibaren

xialibaren Member

Be honest, without Yao, Will Chinese BB fans watch the every Rocket games?

Without Tony,Dirk,Ginobili,Bogut,Anderi,Pau,etc, then nobody would give a crap about NBA except the Amerca.

NBA & International player, It's a win-win deal.

btw, Everything can be deal with except belief.

4. sjk121

sjk121 New Member

i am a chinese fans,i dont think yao believe communists. most of young chinese now dont believe communists
    but yao have to say ......

5. sjk121

sjk121 New Member

communist is not the result of chinese traditional culture , its a fruit of western culture.
    i hope American fan could understand yao

6. rfila

rfila Member

lol. I wasn's going to reply anything in this thread until I see this one. Remeber the US media convince this contry that US troop would be greeted with flowers upon arrival of Baghdad because they were there to liberate them?(just talking about the media, nothing intended to this unfortunate war for both countries).

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i havent read the entire thread yet.

I think people are only thinking about what goes inside the arena. I think Yao is thinking outside the arena. He probably understands that he is the face of one billion people. He has all the weight of all of China, and it's history in a freaking sporting event.

China is an emerging country. This is suppose to be China's "coming out to the world." And they want to use the Olympics as one of its platforms to show its self off to everyone.

That is why I think it is important to Yao.

As an American, it really pissed me off when we lost to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico? come on now.

That is why I am hoping we get a Gold Medal, and not Silver.

Look at Kobe. You know he wants to play in the Olympics real bad, and he is injured.

8. panthermo77

panthermo77 New Member

Sorry I can't understand what you mean,but may I give you an example.
    There are many American soccer players play in the European leagues,everytime their nation team call them,DURING the league period,they will return home to play,even a friendly-match.Obviosly this is bad to their clubs,but nobody complain like you did,because they understand everybody has the obligation to his country.If you still don't understand Yao's feeling,please ask your players who participated in 1994 soccer world-cup held in USA.

9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

so what? superbowl in houston happened once in ...lifetime... said stevie francis...

10. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

NBA fans can not and will not be able to understand this theory.

The original post actually sickened me. The Olympics is a world event. The NBA is a franchise.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's completely normal. I don't even see how people can have arguments about this.

12. rocketfan.china

Yep, I agree with you. Yao's worldwide success is indeed a result of him playing in the (not for) NBA, which is the main factor how come yao could reach his level today. In short, no NBA, no such a great center Yao. However, what i wanna mention you is that what should be the biggest disappointment in yao's career is decided by yao himself but you. I donot wanna jump into such nonsense argument. It is really unworthy to do such thing, especially today, really have no mood to play crappy thing like this. Your American have your way to think something, we Chinese have our own thought. We see one thing from different view. That's all. Lastly, Please,please, donot even mention ipod thing, i just plan to get one, Jesus

13. rocketfan.china

LOLLL :D , Dude,you crack me up badly. Oh, Man!!! It is damn funny. How come u even come out of this comparison? :D :D :D

14. Zfan

Zfan Member

I don't see any problem with what Yao said. He played with bone fracture till he can't play which might cost him missing an olympic game at home which he dreams for so long. He devotes to Houston is no doubt. Some fans' jealousy is completely pointless.

15. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

That's a dumb comparison, but I'll play along. If your wife and children are affecting the way you perform in your 8 hours at work, then your employer has a right to be upset.

I don't know where I said money is everything or that it is important. However, it is stupid to say that the Rockets have no right to have reservations about Yao's playing over the summer. They pay the man $20 million to play. At the same time, Yao has the right to play over the summer, and therein lies the conflict.

It is my opinion that Yao should play in the olympics if healthy. It would mean the world to his country.

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yao can make a run at the NBA Finals next year. The Olympics only come around every four.

17. seaweed

seaweed Member

You guys speak what you think, and Yao speaks what he thinks. You are not Yao. He has some different thoughts in mind doesn't mean he betrayes you. And even if he values the Beijing Olympics more than this NBA season in Houston, it doesn't mean you must think the same way. You can still value Houston more as you want. You are not forced to do anything. As long as Yao pours his heart into every game in Houston when he can play, you guys have nothing to complain about. So stop talking such kind of b********.
    I don't agree with him on this. I don't think ranking 6th or 12th in Olympics is that important. and Beijing Olympics is just like the many other Olympics. But that's all. I'm not feeling betrayed or something.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.bangkokpost.com/sportsplus/sportsplus.php?id=126192

19. Rockets go go

Rockets go go Member

Yao Ming,Yao Ming,Yao Ming,Yao Ming...
    You are our Yao Ming
    Our only Yao Ming
    When the skies are Grey
    You make us happy
    Coz When It's Pouring
    You Just Keep dunking
    Please Don't Take Our Yao Ming Away

20. Fidel

Fidel Member

Yao loves rockets more than Olympics.
    I'm Chinese. I know Yao's heart.
    I'm afraid you misunderstood what he said on his press conference. He just answered the question about the Olympics. The question is not which he cares more. He expressed more distress and regret about our playoff season.
    He dedicates all of himself to our rockets. I hope you see.
    His effort in every game has proven how thirsty for him to win the victory for our rockets.
    Actually, we Chinese don't care the result of Olympic with or without Yao because we'll never make it.
    If our Chinese fans have a choice, all of us will definitely choose the NBA championship as Yao's target. Yao is born for the Houston, all of our Chinese Clutch Fans know that.