1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: Possibility of not playing in Olympics is biggest disappointment of career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bronx43, Feb 26, 2008.

1. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Can't say I agree with many of the fans here, Olympics is really underrated in the U.S; not that I don't see your reason for being angry.

Yao would be Yao. Though it's a long shot, Rox has a 100x better chance at the NBA title than China has at an Olympic medal (of any kind). But Yao will always choose to play and represent for China if he had to.

It has more to do with his own personality than cultral background or how he was brought up etc. Just like he's slow and immobile, rox fans are just gonna hafta accept him as the person that he is, I guess.

2. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Very mature response, idiot.

Getting personal? Going to insult the hard workers of China because of this? You should be banned. What a shame for a so-called "Veteran" poster.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I admire Yao Ming. He seems to have handled his success with a certain grace that most celebrities don't have, but the day he's no longer a Rocket will have one silver lining; every brain dead r****ded *** will finally go away.

Hopefully including you.

4. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

How old are you? If you are too old, feel free to kill yourself. I'm sure the rockets are the only thing you have left in your life.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I have no doubt about the loyalty of Yao Ming to the Houston Rockets.
    One must remember that every word uttered by Yao is reported in the Mass Media in China!
    Yao was not only honest, because the Olympics is much more important than the NBA, but he was also being politically correct and very careful in what he said. His freedom and his role in Chinese Life Style depends upon keeping the heads of state happy that he follows the part line.
    Not only that but as americans who love their country we must respect that Yao loves his country very much and delights in the honor to represent it in the Olympics. To me there is nothing strange or upsetting in him putting the Olympics above the Rockets and NBA. So he should they are so important and special being in his home country for the very first time.Yetti :p

6. bronx43

bronx43 Member

Dude, wtf is wrong with you? Why are you here spewing racist bull****, and attacking posters who calls you out?
    We're all distraught over this news, but you need to the chill the **** out. There are r****ded fans in every country, from every walk of life. There's no need for these personal and racist attacks.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

You are a rude person, especially to one who is a complete stranger to you !
    Show some class and decency, please! :p

8. bronx43

bronx43 Member

He might be rude, but the person he responded to is a racist bigot.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Nothing racist about calling out Yao Only Fans. Nothing racist about defending my country from a spurious insult. Everyone admires Yao's dedication to the Chinese Olympic team, but calling someone a selfish American because they'd prefer Yao rest all Summer is out of line.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yao's career goal should be to win a championship at the highest level...Im not saying he shouldnt be sad about not playing for China...but to say that its the biggest disappointment of his career is a bit drastic. He should want to win an NBA championship more than playing for CNT and getting his butt kicked.

11. bronx43

bronx43 Member

I, too, prefer Yao rests all of summer every summer. But that comment about sweatshops and getting paid $50 a month is out of line in any regard. There are better ways to "defend your country" than to bring up the unfortunate financial situations of many citizens of another country.

12. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

***? Lol. Yeah I am a "***" because I wouldn't put up with your ignorance and mental disorder.

Oh what a patriot, defending our country against online posters. The great Raven represents us very well by throwing out insults even more immature and disgraceful.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yao Ming's worldwide success is a result of him playing for the NBA. If he was still in China, then nobody would give a crap about him except the Chinese. Now that he is playing on the biggest stage in the galaxy, the whole world is tuning in and watching him. Representing the NBA and the Rockets and winning a championship in Houston should be his ultimate goal because it is the NBA that has made him into who he is today. Not playing in an Olympic game is sad, but it should not be the biggest disappointment in his career.

14. Raven

Raven Member

To be clear, my previous post blocked out the acronym for Yao Only Fan. I didn't use a racist slur, so please quit implying that I did. I think Yao should rest during the Summer. Playing in the Olympics is too great a risk. I hope the Chinese government will realize that and make the proper decision.

15. bronx43

bronx43 Member

No one is calling you a racist for that. It was because of your sweatshop comment.

16. blackistan

blackistan Member

Yea I agree it seems his priorities are for his country and then his NBA team. Im not too happy about it because again this was suppose to be the year that the rockets broke through and did it big in the playoffs but I guess we have to wait another year as everyone gets a year older especially tmac.

17. Raven

Raven Member

But the iPod reference is true. Google it.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?home&NewsID=14915

Collectivist indeed.

In any case, let's hope China doesn't doing anything rash and let's Yao heal his foot instead of possibly re injuring it.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What's wrong with Made in China? :confused:

Yao was Made in China.

19. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Look at this fool. What a pathetic person altogether. When will he realize he's being a fool and embarassing Americans? Look at him.

"I'm innocent of racism because it's true"

20. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

Hey, baby, that particular quote of Yao is taken out of context. Before that, as the other guy noted, Yao's sorrow for not being able to play for the rest of season is obvious.

Don't be emotional. Actually you don't have to question Yao's commitment to the Rockets or his professionalism in the league.