1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: Possibility of not playing in Olympics is biggest disappointment of career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bronx43, Feb 26, 2008.

1. bronx43

bronx43 Member

Yet he drives a Toyota Land Cruiser. (or at least did drive one)

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

How about this?

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Bingo.

I guess I should modify my comments. I can see why people would get upset...I just think they are being incredibly narrow-minded.

4. smartfish

smartfish Member

Money doesn't make one a patriot.

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

I believe this is the 1st Olympics ever held in China

Funny how the media always gets on the USA players for skipping out of the national team but gets on Yao for saying his country is more important than the NBA.

6. bronx43

bronx43 Member

Yes, I realize it goes both ways. I was merely responding to his inability to understand one side of the argument.

7. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

Yao not playing for his national team in the olympics is more then likely the lose of a childhood dream. As a person I feel for this lose for him. He may or may not have dreamt of playing for the Rockets he did dream of playing for china.

Fierguard

Best hopes for YAO

8. Winrockets

Winrockets Member

Like some people already said, it's not like Yao is quitting the playoffs so that he will be rested for the Olympics. Yao is legitimately injured and HAS to miss the playoffs (or at least most of it) and, depending on what he does to get better, he could also miss the Olympics, which only happens once every four years and this time happens to be held in his home country. So logically he is trying to return to play for the Olympics because that is still possible whereas playing the rest of the season and the playoffs is not if he wants his foot to heal. Anyway, the Olympics is held in China and Yao is the leader of the CNT basketball team so naturally it is very important to him.