1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao please feel free to put someone on their butt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Dec 21, 2008.

1. dionysus180

dionysus180 Member

**** we always the scence like getting duncked in face
    why not put thing aside respond like a man,give the damn f@@ker a elbow,
    just kill the one dare to be with whatever cost :mad:

2. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

Totally agree. Look at how hard Shaq will foud somebody if he wants to dunk on Shaq. Even a fool can tell from those fouls that Shaq were directly and completely going at the person instead of trying to block the shot.

Yao should learn to do that a couple of times. It doesn't matter if he is slow. You don't need to be quick in order to knock them down.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Mark Eaton wasn't an explosive player either but he would club people to the ground from time to time so that they'd think twice about driving the lane on him. Intimidation helps you win games. If your opponent has no fear of driving the lane on your center then they're going to get easy buckets, free throws, and get people in foul trouble.

4. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

It is getting old. It's been 6 seasons and he has not done that. You think that's going to change? I don't.

To me, to commit a hard faul also requires quickness and upper body strength. Unfortunately Yao is not good at neither. I am afraid what you are going to see will be, Yao trying very hard to commit a hard faul but missed and get dunked in even more embarassing manner. Pickup more points on the other end of the court is not really a bad reaction, for Yao.

Can't you see you even stopped collecting rebounds of recent? That too is not his strength. He is such a team player and great person, that he just boxes up and try to help his teammates to get the boards. As long as Yao continue to work hard to score points I am fine with with him being dunked on. I saw Yao dunked on Duncan several times but it never triggered a hard faul from Duncan. I actually respect it.

That being said, Yao need to raise his elbow under the basket so that people wont' try to steal the ball.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I think Yao's best response to Jefferson dunking on him was the domination he displayed in the 4th quarter.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Oakley hacked Shaq a lot harder, but what did Shaq choose to do? Yeah right, picking the white boy and hitting him on the BACK. Super macho, and what a badass super hero! LOL.

7. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

SHAQ-FU DOMINATEZ NBA. THAT WAS A DOMINEANT MOVE> YAO"S SOFT ADn SLOW!!!!!!!!

8. Splash

Splash Member

Bad idea. We don't want Yao to be suspended games.

9. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Yao is super slow that's for sure. Soft? He might be soft spoken, or acted soft in your eyes. But in his heart, he has never been discouraged by any setbacks. No matter what media says, opponents act macho in front of him, or fans call him soft, he works hard every single day. That's a true professional to me. He will be on the Rockets team for quite some time. If you can't handle it, you can follow the Suns.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

agreed. I don't mind yao pushing back when a 5 pushes him back for a dunk--but not a blatant foul. Yao gets his dunks too. Tim Duncan's been dunked on alot and you don't see him flagrant fouling people.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just wish that when someone flops on him that he would fall on top of them KNEES FIRST to teach them a lesson.

DD

12. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I'm glad someone mentioned Tim Duncan. He has never put anyone on their butt when they have tried to dunk on him. He just plays straight up defense and if he's dunked on he lives with the results. That is the player I want Yao to emulate.

Artest said it best: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2445401
    [rquoter]Artest explained: "I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's a--, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."[/rquoter]

#52 rocketsregle, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  13. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Enough already! Thuggish behaviour belongs in the ghetto not on any NBA courts. Got that numbnuts!?!?!

14. ibm

ibm Member

hear hear!

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Shaq has gone after more than just a "white boy" and hence that's why he never ends up in a poster dunks like Yao.

16. ibm

ibm Member

not true. youtube it you can find the truth.

17. yaorta

yaorta Member

agreed, i know it's hard when things come to culture, but yao really need to fight back, don't have to be gentle to those who's rude to you.

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

A.J scored 14 pts and grabbed 5 rbs(2orbs)when Yao was on the bench.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That sounds like some mega pain...

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

signature worthy definition of a great player