1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao or Van Gundy will be gone after this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheHangover, May 3, 2007.

1. ekim

ekim Member

Just because some people like me who are criticizing Yao (he deserves it atm) doesn't mean we want to trade him. Is that really hard to understand?

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

you oldies and your complacent, nostalgic, short-sighted optimism.

Yao isn't Hakeem ( el oh el)

T-mac(flakeyness negates high BB IQ) isn't Drexler(BB IQ + proffessionalism) and can only dream of having MadMax's heart

There is no onry, cocky rookie with aspirations of leadership on this team like Sam Cassell.

Head is the opposite Horry. Clutch in the regular season, crap in the playoffs.

There's no bulldog like Mario Elie to keep everyone in line and make sure they give all, all the time.

Three of our wins are due to the majoral contributions of T-mac's aggressiveness, Chuck Hayes and Juwan.. Three things you can't ever bet your life on..

If the Rocket's win this series.. it'll be thanks to the HCA.. what exactly is there to be positive about?

3. metalshred

metalshred Member

Wait for Yao to come back to his form before starting this thread. Let's see how much u want to trade Yao. ;)

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Then you can stop coming here to post anymore, if you're having such a low view and FAITH of the Rockets.............

This team may not be as good or clutch as the old Rockets of the old times.....but that belongs to history and this current roster of players are what we are stuck with. So be it.

What EXACTLY to be positive about ? Was the HCA that the Rockets had beaten Utah Jazz against all the odds to get in first place during an injury-plagued regular season ? :rolleyes:

5. stq

stq Member

nah......

we need both...

even if we lost in the first round, I still think we are fine..

what we need is to have some BADASS player, mean, tough, take no **** type of player....a guy like stephen Jackson, back down from nobody... to inspire everyone else..
    we had it in Bob Sura 2 years ago....

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They will not get rid of Yao (obviously) but it has nothing to do with market. All sales of Rockets gear is a NBA prfit not Rockets.

JVG might be gone just because he is tired of taking years off his life to lose. Rockets have already offered a contract and he has yet to accept.

7. ironman2005

ironman2005 Member

Trade yao?good idea怂let him leave away this illiberal boss and team
    Laker i think it the best place

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

Oh, bravo... :rolleyes:

The Mavs in the regular season admirabley managed to play every game of the season with 100% focus and impeccable execution, going on to win 60 + games, unquestionably sealing HCA for the entire postseason before the start of the last month of regular play ... Rightfully garnering the optimism and expectations of a championship run..

but, oh, that's right.. they're now eliminated.... :rolleyes:

however, we, can continue on past the crap, meager, meek displays that are our Houston Rocket's postseason wins.. and the crappier showings of our postseason losses.. against the UTAH JAZZ, whom the majority here considered easy pickings before game 1 tipoff.. with the positivity of having gone on a winning streak for the last string of games of the regular season at the sametime as our competition went on a losing streak.. being ever so content to now simply "sneak" into the second round.. against a team the majority here are now considering the new "easy pickings"..

Say, how is Steve Francis these days? You know.. we won 45 games with him once.. a few short of making the playoffs.. in an "injury plagued season".. There was a lot of optimism for that regular season feat.. once upon a time..
    It never translated to postseason success though.. :rolleyes:

The point is simple Pryuen... It doesn't matter whether you're the Mavs winning 60+ games worth of quality basketball throughout an entire season, or getting HCA against the odds during the last weeks of regular play, in the regular season.. It's the postseason that counts, if you can't do anything there, whatever you did in the regular season.. simply doesn't matter.

9. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

I got through about 2 pages of this dribble and said screw it I'm just gonna post.

1. If you think Yao is the problem, you've got problems. The idiot OP based Yao's performance on one playoff series where he is practically playing out of position on defense against another All-Star, who, at the beginning of the season, garnered much praise and MVP talk.

2. The fact that there are people who are YOF and YOH or whatever is stupid as well. If you are on this site, I expect you to be a Rockets fan. It's ok to like Yao more than the others, but to come in and say it would be BETTER for Yao to go to a different team, namely a west coast market or that the Rockets can't win with Yao and spreading ridiculous propaganda should result in bans. This is clutchFANS.net. ************.com is a click away YOFs.

This is a Rockets site. We all should be Rockets fans. Any trolling in the form of "Yao would be better in a Triangle offense" YOF blabber or "Trade Yao because he can't guard Kobe" YOH jibberish should be banned forever.

There should be some kind of automated feedback system where the users can vote to ban posters, especially after registration has been made open to the public.

10. kawins

kawins Member

Yeah finally Yao could be rid of Rockets and its pathetic fans who obviously don't appreciate his achievement and know nothing about bball. Trade him!

11. kawins

kawins Member

If you want to be fair, try to reason with those kids who look so lost in understanding basics. Whoever started this thread deserves to be banned forever.

12. kawins

kawins Member

Just because he didn't have a low TO game in this series, doesn't mean he is not a superstar and a dominant center. Is that really hard to understand?

13. toostupid

toostupid Member

Think about what the bench of Rockets achieved in this serie,
    think about how TMac's bad choice of shooting some long-range ball,
    think about that the Russian guy is always behind Okur.
    It is not all Yao's fault.
    I would rather say the team is missing some key components for getting the championship. And the Western Conference is really way too competitive.

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I don't know how many people will agree with this, but I honestly believe the Rockets will get ALOT stronger IF they can get out of the 1st round.

Simply because the MONKEY IS OFF TMAC'S BACK. You can still tell he is a little tenative and nervous. Guys if the Leader (whether vocal, good, bad, or anything else he is, he IS THE LEADER) is playing with less pressure, the whole team is playing with less pressure.

The Rockets could very easily get much stronger next series IF they can get there.

Watch out for the Rockets this postseason, guys this team is good, sure we are missing a GREAT SHOOTER, but we haven't yet seen CLOSE TO THE BEST FROM TMAC OR YAO, and we still can win this series. THE BEST IS YET TO COME, PLEASE WIN GAME 7 AND PROVE ME RIGHT!

15. william847

william847 Member

do we seriously have to start a "TRADE ******" thread everytime we loose? I don't think you can blame anyONE on this loose. Van Gundy designed our offense based on the inside-out theory and is dependent on our shooters to hit their shots and inturn spreading the defence, but we shot like **** in game six. HANGOVER, what is your problem with Yao. I am not saying that he had a perfect game, but why all the hate. Yao had a higher shooting percentage than Tmac, infact he was the most reliable scorer on this team for this series. Why are you only ripping him up. Offcourse I can imagine him being more dominent, but why are you only talking **** about him? As a lot of others have already mentioned, Boozer is a mismatch on Yao, faster, longer range......etc. So are you expecting Yao to totally shut him down??

Stop the hating man, you are acting like Yao was the only reason we lost. He contributed a lot to this team this entire season and IMO, I don't feel that we can get to where we are without him.

We still have one more game, its not like we lost already. Calm down man....just cheer for the rockets, not just for the players you like.

I BELIEVE WE WILL WIN IT IN GAME 7 :D

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why do people whine that it's the end of the world when we're still in the playoffs?

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Naaaaaah, Utah Jazz were never considered a walk-over, were they ?

C'MON, they were Divisional Champion.

We lost 3 times to them in the regular season, and they are a strong team, with All Stars players (Boozer, Okur, Krilenko......) and one of the most promising point guards (Deron Williams). They are also a very physical and dirty team with as good a defense as ours. Besides Salt Lake City (its altitude) and Energy Solution Centre (the fans' attitude) were never the most home-coming place for the Rockets.

But still we are surviving in this series.

I just can't agree to all these pessimism.........

HAVE FAITH & JUST BELIEVE !!!

18. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

One of the dumbest posts I have seen in a while. TRADE YAO? ARE YOU CRAZY? Learn something about the NBA and look up invaluable. Trade Yao? Why even make a post like that.

19. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

It is not "all Yao's fault". But he lost composure during key stretch of the game. While I put majority of responsibility on TMac for the loss of game 4, Yao is the main reason we lost this one.

But it doesn't matter now, all I hope is that Yao regain rebounding ability and won't shoot 33% in game 7... and yes, KEEP THE DAMN TURNOVER DOWN!!!! :mad:

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Also, should we put Battier, Luther on milk carton again, so someone can find them before game 7???