1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao, open your arms to T-Mac!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by murzin, Jul 2, 2004.

1. murzin

murzin Member

after reading many recent reports (Chinese) on YM's responses to the trade that brought T-Mac to Houston, i think someone should knock some senses into YM. in one report when the reporter asked him whether "T-Mac tried to dunk on him before", he even got upset and said "of course i snuffed him".

it's either he REALLY feels for the departure of SF3 and has a little sth against the coming of T-Mac, or it's being blown way out of proportion by the Chinese media. but curiously i havent' seen ONE report where he expressed real joy and excitement about playing with the scoring champ.

people have to understand that as humble as YM is, he has an arrogant and sensitive side that he only allows to be shown a little to the CHinese people/media that he's familiar with. he complained not getting much touches in a number of occasions, again only to his Chinese confidants. like any young superstars he likes to think that he's the best and sometimes he believes "others" failed him when the team lose. (note: these are my impressions from reading those Chinese coverage of him over the years since he came to NBA, mostly written by some guy who's very close to him.)

again this showing of loyalty to his "dearest brother" SF3 is part of the Chinese teaching that he's used to. nobody should have any reason to raise an eyebrow for that. However, i do like to see he opens his arms to welcome T-Mac, if only as a kind response to T-Mac's repeated hailing him as the main reason for his joining Rox and his good wills for them playing together.

Be a gentleman, Yao! and be a real star and cornerstone of the Rox!

peace.

2. sup123

sup123 Member

yao respects his old teamates. SO i doubt he will come out and say he will enjoy playing with tracy.

3. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

A lot you heard in media are bull, especially after translated from Chinese to English. Yao is a player/person as good as you can w/o being a puzzy.

What do you expect Yao to do to show his welcome to T-Mac??? He has to care about the feelings of his old teammates.

4. murzin

murzin Member

that's ok. however, he has to understand that it's all about winning.

also, he should put himself in T-Mac's shoes and think from his side: T-Mac is so eager to show his good wills towards YM, and YM doesn't even want to talk about playing with T-Mac?? c'mon, T-Mac isn't Boki, for god's sake.

i also believe Yao's bonds with SF3 is more out of familarity., but less 'cuz of true respect like what he would have for MJ. it's more like the respect a scared kid would have for the first big bro who takes him under his wing. if only for that reason YM intentionally gives a cold shoulder to T-Mac, i don't think it's wise.

5. murzin

murzin Member

dude, i'm chinese and i think i understand chinese more than you'd dream you could.

anyho, it's beside the point. Yao is NOT a saint, mind you. "of course i snuffed him" doesn't sound too friendly, does it? :D

6. wireonfire

I am Chinese too, so I don't need to dream to read it. ;)

If you think no meaning got lost or twisted in translation, then I have nothing to say.

7. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

better keep Boki, I strongly suggest.

8. murzin

murzin Member

wireonfire, do you really understand what i said? did it have anything to do with translations?

i read those reports in their original language, so don't confuse yourself or others.

btw, you gave the thread a one star rating, didn't u? very well, i think i've seen too many kids just like u. enjoy your innocent and star-chasing days, kid.

so long.

9. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

hey guys doesn't Yao always refer to Sf3 as dai gau (big bro)

what i read from the chinese papers

I think their relationship was kind of artificial,

what i mean is those times when Yao scored the big baskets last year Sf3 would come over and give him a bear hug and Yao would look so surprised just when the camera was panning towards them.
    (this occured becus Francis wanted the media to know that he and Yao was getting along)

I don't think they were very close like best friends or something

10. prlen

prlen Member

It is a joke!understand?

11. wireonfire

I didn't. You are so touchy. :D

12. pilipala

pilipala Member

big bro in chinese is Da Ge :D
    i think SF3 is kinda of director to Yao
    you can't forget the tech foul SF3 got for yaowhile sun's forward dunk over our big fellow
    so take it easy i thought yao had already made a call to TMAC and gave him a nice greething through the line
    lets looking forward to our new season

13. armada

armada Member

dai = big bra. im blear-eyed :D

14. daNasty

daNasty Member

Common dude, I saw the interview and Yao's english isn't all that good. He's trying his best to find the right word but at the moment his vocabs are pretty limitless.

15. Panda

Panda Member

Show me your link and we'll talk.

16. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

Yao did say in an interview he's welcoming Tracy and hope that they can work well together.

17. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

delete

#17 UTweezer, Jul 2, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Err, I think the word you're looking for is limited.

19. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Yes, he did, dude!:D

Houston, Texas
    June 30, 2004

"When I heard about the trade, my first thought was that I will miss my friends Steve, Cuttino and Kelvin very much. They were great teammates, and were all very helpful to me during my first 2 years in the NBA. I'm sorry to see them go, but I understand that is the way of the business. I wish them well with their new team. But I am also very excited to be playing with Tracy McGrady. He is one of the best, most exciting players in the NBA. We also get very talented players in Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines . I welcome them all to Houston and look forward to playing with them."

http://www.yaomingfanclub.com/content.asp?pageid=2&article=11

20. Panda

Panda Member

Murzin:

Guess you don't follow Yao very closely do ya? If so why don't you ask about his comments on T-Mac first before you stir up a story? Then you assume another poster can't read Chinese and got denied. Man, don't you think there might be too many false assumptions in your life?