1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao needs to kick some ass and take names!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Dalembert just destroyed yao in the 4th quarter.

That's the problem with Yao! He doesn't change the game much other than scoring! If he can't score I'd rather have Landry out there because he can get rebounds and not get destroyed on the boards.

Rebounding in the 4th...what killed us in the Jazz series and is what is killing us today.

2. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

The best thread in this BBS!

Yao needs to do once a while, but in a right time. It is just a small price even it was fined or banned for one or few games.

If Rocket does not aim for playoff, it is right time for Yao to establish himself and get respects from Refs and opponents.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He's not breaking noses or or jaws, but Yao is playing very,very good. This is what is expected of him. I don't expect the same numbers as he did against the Sonics, but I expect him to dog 6'9 guys. That's like a sign of disrespect from the opposition. When he establishes the paint, it makes it easier on the rox.

The fornula is there for success and I know its unfair to lay it at his feet, but when you are 6'' taller than everyone and outweigh most opponets by 30lbs, then what should we expect? Its not about points, its about presence in the middle. Yao is providing that presence. The points will come because he is very skillful. Its the other things that he's doing that's making it a go.

The job of this team is to start peaking at the right time. I really like the coaching staff developing the young depth. No matter what system the coach has, players make plays and win championships. Its always times at the end when the players have to step up. Yao early and often and Tracy naing plays later is a great comb.