1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao needs to get MADE!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by doublehh03, Apr 22, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

post knowledge in the game of basketball.

and this thread is for fun in the b/t day of games 1 and 2. have fun w/ the idea. you are so serious.

2. armyman789

armyman789 Member

It's the playoffs, EVERYTHING IS SERIOUS. :D It is nothing against you though, it is just that A LOT of rookies have been updated. You gotta admit though this thread was pretty pointless, especially with all these other "who is better- yao or tmac" threads going on. We didnt relly need this also.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You saying Yao needs to get fabulous

[​IMG]

i apologize for this

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

and how dare him to drive a Japanese SUV?! Where is his patriotism? That's an insult to the entire Chinese population. ;)

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

uh that's the point. u want to spend off days trying to argue who's more important and having TOFs and YOFs argue stupidly.

fans need to unite baby. just like the team.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

His point is valid. A bit reactionary perhaps.

I think making generalizations about a race and substantiating it by pointing out those that might fit those generalizations is counterproductive in terms of worthwhile discussions. That's not to say that parallels and insight to culture are not worthy of discussion. This one seems to fall somewhere in between, but being someone who reads way too many posts here, I know where he is coming from.

In regards to this retort, many races/countries/peoples have been through wars and social struggles, and I bet many of them pass traits to their kids... and I suspect that within all of those groups there are people at both extremes of all issues. Generalizations based on race are just usually pointless, if not misdirected... whether from one of said 'heritage' or not. Just not useful.

That's just my two cents. But take care and note that I come from a long lineage of people who really really like to give their two cents for no reason whatsoever... the origin of this stemming from many americans' plight during the Great Depression where they often had to resort to paying exactly two cents to persuade people into taking time to pay attention to the things they wrote and said. Little known fact, but I think it embodies the spirit of what made me chime in here, and defines me, in some esoteric and uniquely cultural way. or not.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Hey Big Splendor!

8. cw122

cw122 New Member

what were you said is mad
    :eek:

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now you understand what the guy meant by this post?
    Its ok to dress like that when you at home kickin it with your friends but man this is the PLAYOFFs and the whole world and billions of Chinese are watching you're every move and that includes how you show up at a game. T-Mac knows this and dresses with some style and class. Yao needs some help maybe a makeover or hiring a stylist and a tailor for change.