1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

yao missed workouts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Jul 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

cd is there with his wife. dean cooper is also there. falsone is there. all coming back to us in the near future. yao has missed workouts due to ankle and dental issues.

2. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

dennis, THANK YOU.

I really appreciate how you just plainly give out information. Without braging about the crap like how many people viewed your post or this or that.

Keep up the good work.

3. jlwee

jlwee Member

I really appreciate the translation works by pryuen. But his recent childish reactions to the information provided by denniscd is simply annoying!

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

quoted for truth.

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Agh, let it go, pryuen.

Just like the stuff from sina, you have to take the good with the bad. This particular scoop provided by denniscd is mostly right: Yao had some dental work done and missed some workouts. Maybe it's not the wisdom teeth. Big deal. Maybe denniscd still has grudges against CD, but nobody gives a jack about it right now.

6. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Thanks denniscd.....

http://sports.sohu.com/20070727/n251286168.shtml

It was after all about an inflammation on a wisdom tooth. In the above article, it mentioned he had a few of the treatment already....and basically the one he had yesterday in Beijing was the last one.

7. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I say we cut Yao now. He should of been here even if he had his leg blown off! This is going to distrupte the entire team chemsitry and send us lotto bound. We can just trade Rafer Alston for Shaq, Duncan, KG, or any other big man. Yao won't be missed. ;)

8. pryuen

I think I would like to sincerely apologize to you....denniscd.

http://sports.sohu.com/20070728/n251289455.shtml

This article came out just now on sohu.com.

In it it did confirm what you've reported is true:

• Carroll Dawson has arrived and had been working with Yao Ming in Beijing together with Anthony Falsone.
    • Yao Ming had to stop his workout due to a wisdom tooth.

Yao Ming had flew back to Shanghai yesterday afternoon, and will spend the whole August resting his shoulder......and most importantly his honeymoon !! He will rejoin the national team on August 29, and will play on September 3 against Australian Melbourne Tigers.

9. zong

zong Member

I am more interesting in who we can get if Rafer is going to be traded. Jeff Foster for Yao's backup will be great.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

denniscd, Do you work for the Rockets?

11. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

no i dont...just a fan of the team

12. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Dennis, do you know what Dean Cooper was doing in China? Trying to find another talent for Rockets? :D

13. pryuen

Well this I know; :cool: He was there since the beginning of July. He was the camp director for the Basketball Without Borders Asia 2007. He had been in that capacity for the past 2 camps in Beijing and Shanghai.

14. pryuen

Photos of Yao Ming at the dentist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Seems like Yao stalkers are everywhere. They even follow him to the hospital. Wonder if Yao would put his wisdom teeth on ebay. :D

16. Fuzzy Zoeller

Fuzzy Zoeller Member

Damn, Yao - I know it's just the dentist, but you have to wear something other than basketball clothes every once in a while.

Tux & Tennies was nice, but I'm still left wondering if he even owns a pair of (size 24) dress shoes.

17. pryuen

He was in his training jersey and shorts, as right after the visit to the dentist, he went straight back to join the last team meeting of the national team.

According to what was reported in the sohu.com article, the hospital was just next to the stadium where he and the national team trained, both of which are located in the national sports training bureau.

Yao Ming went there for the dental check-up and treatment as early as 9 O'clock in the morning before seeing off his team mates (who were leaving for Guangzhou/Macau for the FIBA Stankovic Continental Cup tournament) at the natioal sports training bureau.

He then packed up his stuff at the Tiandan Apartment (also located in the national sports training bureau) before leaving for Shanghai in the afternoon.

That is why he did not bother to dress otherwise but only in his basketball jersey/shorts for the dental check-up/treatment. :cool:

18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

It's so weird to think that an NBA superstar like Yao Ming has to wait for his turn to go the dentist, most NBA players would jump the queue and pay everybody behind him money. Imagine if you were a nurse, walking down the corridor and you see this 7'6 giant just sitting there, waiting for the dentist.

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

Pryuen, I like your effort to bring us news/information about Yao. But you take it way too serious. It's like you take it as a religion, or take it as scientific study. Take it easy buddy...

20. pryuen

I know.....I know. I just can't help it. Totally addicted. That's why I'm a Yao Maniac !!! :eek: :D :D