1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

yao missed workouts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Jul 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Yao is supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about summer. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about summer practice, not a pre-season game, not a pre-season game, not a pre-season game, but we're talking about summer practice. Not the pre-season game that I go out there and die for and play every pre-season game last it's my last but we're talking about summer practice man. How silly is that?

Have to pull that one. Thanks denniscd :D

2. SonKhan

SonKhan Member

HA HA HA HA HA ! Good one

Denniscd, how do you get all this info that no one knows? Do you know CD or Falsone ?

3. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Denniscd

Thanks for your "insider" information.

Some of my friends in China just informed me your "breaking news" had caused thousands of sports reporters in Beijing jobless overnight.....as they did not know that CD had arrived. :rolleyes:

4. Fuse

Fuse Member

Why the animosity Pryuen...

5. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

uh oh here we go againnnnnnnn

6. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Pruyen, as much as I respect and support you, I think you are you are aiming at the wrong guy. MacGreat should be the person you are targeting, not denniscd (on second thought, no need to come down to MacGreat's level). Nowhere in this thread has denniscd said anything bad about you.

7. pryuen

I thanked him for the insider news, didn't I?

He might have a source that we all did not know.

At least for the past 10 days, ever since Yao Ming rejoined the national team in Beijing together with Anthony Falsone from Shanghai, there was no news that Carroll Dawson had arrived.

And given what denniscd described about the character of CD previously, CD, according to him, likes to make a splash out of the media about self-promoting himself and his contribution to the Rockets, it just seemed weird to me that there was no news about CD in China.

It is either Yao Ming and CD successfully kept it very low profile about CD's arrival or CD had not arrived.

Or else, why did you think there were no coverage or reports in all the Chinese websites/newspapers in the past week about CD in China? Every of these websites/newspapers had tens to hundreds of reporters closely following every move of Yao Ming.

8. maud'dib

maud'dib Rookie

9. Navman

Navman Member

Please grow up.

10. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Sweet, more bbs drama. This offseason rules!

11. will2km

will2km Member

Not Again. :(

12. will2km

will2km Member

What if pryuen and denniscd is the same person. pryuen puts so much time to bring us news from China, so that subconsciously he takes this as an obligation (which is good :D ). So when he sleepwalks, he comes to his computer and brings us even more inside news - secrets - that only himself, Falson, CD and YM know about.

(I trust both pryuen and denniscd, but since I have seen any information about this wisdom teeth stuff, I take denniscd as the sleepwalking mode ;) of pryuen)
    (Nothing against pryuen nor denniscd, just sick of we bashing each other for trivials. )

13. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Could be Yao just want to keep it low-key to avoid the "refuse to play in CNT" thing. So what you can find on the Chinese websites is mainly his public duties (Olympics, etc). Anyway, the important part is Yao is having a tooth pain, or is it really important...:confused: with or without CD is not important. So better stop nippicking.

14. Daw204

Daw204 Member

How long will Yao take off for his honeymoon? And do you think the newly wed couple will only have one baby like in China or be allowed to have more than one?

I can imagine 3 or 4 mini- yaos setting up the Chinese National Team at the center position for a decade.

15. Fuse

Fuse Member

Pryuen. I don't know if you meant to be sarcastic or not, but it certainly did come across that way. I don't think I have ever seen Denniscd ridicule you for your efforts... in fact, in like you, he has often been scrutinized in bringing forth information.

16. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

whatever again just trying to give info...not earth shattering news certainly. i know cd was suppossed to go to china last week. did he not go...im not sure. but he has missed workouts due to his dental problems...just trying to be helpful. im not trying to scoop you pryen...and i stated what i believed to be true about cd, im not taking it back, but i apologized for bringing it to the board because some people obviously love cd here and it was not necessary for me to tell my impressions of him

17. pryuen

Man.....I just can't forget or forgive what he accused me being racist even after I apologized for posting something as harmless as Larry Smith is a black biggie !!! :rolleyes:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3048219&postcount=77

18. pryuen

19. pryuen

Well, then whatever.....I apologized for being rude to you. :p

But it just seemed weird to me as I kept reading Big Yao workout on his own together with the national team as recent as yesterday before the national team depart for Guangzhou today for the 3rd FIBA Stankovic Continental Cup tournament.

Yao Ming did not travel with the national team as he will be flying back to Shanghai to take more rest and treatment on his shoulder.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Don't become MacGreat. :rolleyes: