1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 7, 2007.

1. sstww

sstww Member

Yao meant CD was too old to assist him to do the training.

2. sstww

sstww Member

How did you guys know that they didn't? Some people simply won't change. Also, the Rocket's leadership and JVG's coaching staff have more responsility for that if ask me.

Originally Posted by ericmark

3. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

But Yao was right that even though Okur was covering him by himself, there was always someone lurking on the side... so it really is a hidden double coverage to a certain degree.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

very much appreciated pryuen.

keep the great translations coming :)

5. declan32001

declan32001 Member

There are things CD can do just standing there watching Yao's feet with a stop watch. Jeez, if this transalation/article is correct JVG wouldn't allow CD to work with Yao?

WHERE IS TINMAN?

CD worked with Dream after practice for about 2 and a half years before CD just realized he was wasting Dream's time. The difference is Dream didn't whip out the Dreamshake (which was not like anything the NBA had ever seen) until late in his second year and everyone I know (including me) screamed "No, no, no, oh my God, how did he do that?"

Yao came to Houston and busted that move in the first month and I'll never forget Geno's and Foley's silence on the radio as the crowd went insane. Then Foley asked Geno if he was going to say it. He said no, but then said "Folks, that was a Dreamshake". And Foley then went bananas with glee.

Ooohh, no CD working with Yao? Might he encourage Yao's creativity and run him through his paces like he had every big man during his coaching career?

Uh, uh. JVG's conception of what a pg and a center should be was well-known before he came here. But people here don't remember what Yao could do when he came here, what he did the second half of last season and the first half of this one.

JVG apologists completely misconstrue any criticism that doesn't jive with the JVG (and Feigen) party line.

There is only one thing Dream and Yao share as basketball players: they are both unique. Fream fought hard for the way he wanted to play the game. and alienated a lot of Rockets fans back in the day.

I doubt Yao would go even half as far, but even Feigen's article in the Chron today stated Yao didn't give JVG a ringing endorsement - and it made me almost throw up that he printed Yao didn't discuss JVG with the meeting with CD and Morey. Give me a break.

I think this one artice deserves about 4 to 5 threads. Pryuen, verify your translation and hammer the Chronicle to check these quotes out. Free Yao!

6. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Get faster? Nothing short of a negroplasty will make Yao faster.

7. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

From Jonathan Feigen......

8. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Isn't Yao going to be in China with Luther? I would recommend spending the summer in Nigeria instead.

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Yao is more important to the Franchise than JVG. He's like Dream was back in the day. Players like Yao, Shaq and Dream can pretty much dictate things while they are on top of their game. Kobe was the Golden Boy at LA and he dictated Shaq right out of the Los Angeles. Management listens to players like these. If Michael Jordon had said he wanted Pippen gone, then poof, he'd have been gone.

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

thanks, however I think i speak for everyone when I say we wont fully 'enjoy'

11. pryuen

The latest article from Wang Meng.....

So other than his troubed toe, Yao Ming had so many injuries and bruises with him....... :eek:

12. pryuen

So should I stop all these postings ?? :rolleyes:

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm here. JVG needs to free Yao. I know Yao has more skills than that fade away. where's his hook? his dreamshake? his outside J?

Free him! this is the USA. FREEDOM!!

14. dootyfree

dootyfree Member

seems a little contrived....couldnt be propaganda could it....hmmm

15. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

It hurts! :(

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Wow! So Yao is basically refusing to 'endorse' JVG as a coach moving forward? Well, that can only mean that he doesn't want him back.

As for the heart-to-heart meeting the front office had with Yao and T-Mac, I wonder what promises were made to those two guys, and if it was enough to uplift their spirits after getting emotionally crushed at home.

The other thing in that original interview with Wang Meng that no one mentioned is the Del Harris reference. It sounds like Yao and Del have a pretty cordial relationship, which is why I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Del becoming our new coach if the Rockets don't bring back JVG. Personally, I am not crazy about him but if Yao likes him/trusts him then so be it.

The Mike James reference and Yao's disappointment with Novak/Span not getting much of a chance throughout the course of the season is pretty revealing stuff. But it does sound like Yao knows EXACTLY what this team needs to get over the hump, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did express those wishes to management, especially regarding V-Span and Novak getting a chance to prove themselves.

All in all, everything I just read indicates that JVG won't be here next season, and it ALMOST sounds like Yao was basically told that at his exclusive meeting with the Rockets' brass.

17. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Don't think for a moment that Rockets management doesn't read those translations of Pruyen. They know what is going on.

18. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Since most of us are still feeling sad for the loss, you can hardly "enjoy" something when you are not happy at all even if those were some masterpieces. I thinks that's what he meant.

You may have over-reacted here. :)

19. jlwee

jlwee Member

So now, on top of yao's left and right knees, there is right shoulder injuries. I dont know, man, i just dont know. Yao may have only played 5 seasons in NBA but it seems like his body is 35 years old because he never had a chance to rest every summer. I think is best the rockets management to trade yao away now while he still has values! :(

20. pryuen

Well, Yao Ming is keeping contact with Rudy T, as well as Del Harris, both he considered as his grandfatherly metnors, with Del having been the head coach of the China natioal team, that cracked into the Final 8 during the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

But that does not need to be Del Harris is going to be the head coach for the Rockets.