1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 7, 2007.

1. TigerWings

TigerWings Member

pryuen, thank you for translating this article. But this reporter is very famous in forging fake news, especially those about Rockets. You'd better delete it before other sources confirm that Yao did say those words.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yao sounds like a total whiner who says that it was his fault but doesn't actually believe it. Very discouraging.

LOL, if I had a nickel for every time yao was single covered by Mehmet Okur....

I cringe at what a real tough post defender with a strong body would have done to Yao - a Charles Oakley or an Anthony Mason or Antoine Carr. It would have been bloody murder.

#62 SamFisher, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  3. tsunami

tsunami Member

Your point? He mentioned that he did not grab the last couple rebounds, and he hated that. So what is "doesn't actually believe it"? Yao didn't actually believe he did not grab the boards, he was in dream when driving ?

4. Fuse

Fuse Member

Total Whiner? Is it just me, or are we reading two completely different things? :confused:

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Yao's Offseason program per Tested911

1. Surgically install 2 Steel balls about 2-3 Oz where you guessed it.
    2. Live in a place where his Mommy or Daddy will not baby him.
    3. Enroll in a UFC fighting club!
    4. Get a year supply of testosterone supplements
    5. Tie a Pitbull from his waist no more than 4-5 ft and have him Run Run Run and Run

Really he should do a boat load water aerobics to condition him better. That way his joints wouldn't be affected as much. Have him do about 1000 jumps in a pool so that he can somehow learn to jump higher than 6 inches. Have a swarm of people push him daily, every single hour so by the time regular season comes around he will be used to it.

6. MSrockets

MSrockets Member

i like the reaction from yao. all he did was speak the plain, cold, hard FACTS. Those rebounds did kill and he is pissed at himself for not getting them(though i dont really blame the long rebound on him).

Next, our offense was completely one dimensional-run a play for just tmac and let him create, or run a play for yao and let him create.

Last, his speed was definitely not there and it was obvious by his lack of different moves and numerous blocked shots.

One good thing is that we know yao will put in the work this summer.If only there was a way to work on leadership and being a game-breaker.

7. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

I agree with what you said. I will always read Pryuen's translations with a grain of salt. He sometimes put in his own thoughts in the translation. And he also like to sensationalize stuffs. I think Pryuen would be better writing novels and doing translations. Just my 2 cents.

8. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

How do we even know that Yao Ming really said this stuff ?

9. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Is this really true?

Yao has lost confidence in his coach. It is one thing for us to lose faith in Van Gundy, but as soon as the players start having doubts then there is only one option. Van Gundy has to go.

10. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

it's not like he said it to Jonathan Feign. he said those words to a Chinese reporter.

11. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Sam fisher is a known Yao hater, so it would be best to ignore his comments.

12. tsunami

tsunami Member

So everything is a lie from your point of view? The link in pryuen's translation is not a proof? You need other proof like what? Just tell us please.

Also could you please provide the proof of the genuineness of all the Rockets interviews (except for video / audio interviews) in all the other threads of clutchfans.net ? Please doubt every other interview before you leave any **** for pryuen's translations/links. I think it's pretty fair.

13. bjshot

bjshot Member

It's a CHinese reporter. I think personally Yao doesn't care about JVG.

14. noize

noize Contributing Member

yao will be the leader next yr instead of t-mac. BOOK T!

15. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

A couple of interviews/articles coming up.....taken by Chinese reporters at the Postseason Meeting held May 7.

But since I'll need to travel back to Hong Kong after my holidays here in China, you guys have to wait for another 8 to 10 hours or so. Stay Tune

Meanwhile, got these photos at the Postseason Meeting.

POSTSEASON MEETING PHOTOS 1

POSTSEASON MEETING PHOTOS 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

I am not sure if you are from China. And if not, you probably have no right to state the above "2 cents"... ;)

17. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

He needs to get on that leaping machine and do 200 reps a day over the sumer to increase his vertical leap from 2 inches to at least over 1 foot. lol

18. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

So how many of these players will still be on Rockets' roster next season ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Big Trouble in Rocketville!! Yao said the Rockets offense was too one dimension. WOW He laid it on the line didn't he? That is going to cause ripples through the front office of the Rockets.

20. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

Yeah...i wonder how much effort the Houston Rockets front office invests in retreiving and translating Chinese media releases, or if they just have a china office...

Btw, Great translation. thanks for the work, really appreciated!