1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 7, 2007.

1. jontabs

jontabs Member

Good post. Thanks!

I think its a good sign that Yao ackonwledges the negative things from game 7. He knows he was two slow and couldnt get those crucial rebounds nor guard Boozer efficiently. Also, it takes a big man to admit the pressure overcoming him, but he has to work on that. Hey, its just his second or third playoff series and he can overcome that easily. Props to Olajuwon for indirectly motivating Yao ( then again, Olajuwon's presence is enough to motivate any true Rocket fan). Hopefully, he can take the next step and work to improve these deficiencies.

Talking about the offense, he was right on. They were uni-dimensional. There should be more oppurtunities for the bench, as Yao pointed out, with guys like Spanoulis ( great slasher), Novak (a gerat shooter), or even Kirk Snyder (who played for the Jazz last year and could have heepd the Rockets greatly). Big words from the star of the team to criticize the coach.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

No offense to anyone but if Barryxyz is still on the board... Can you offer your translation on the part where Yao mentions CD?

3. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Getting married? Oh no.. he'll definitely have no balls after marriage.... :(

4. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

Shoot it is that time of the year again.
    I don't like baseball, so the summer is always hard for me, nothing(sports wise) to watch.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wait till Sept when everything comes back to life.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The translation seems pretty good to me for that part, why do you ask?

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

You may want to find another source either to dispute or corroborate it. Pryuen's translation of that paragraph is perfectly fine.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Well he jus explained JVG in five sentences right there and why he might have to hit highway out of town.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

It just seemed like an awkward thing for Yao to say.

9. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Wow, Yao Ming sounds just like a disgruntled Clutchfans member.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Did anyone notice that Yao will have another surgery on his toe?

11. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

Finally a candid interview from someone on the team! I'm sick of all these generic interviews where no one is willing to give a real opinion. Seems JVG had this team under tight reigns and when anyone spoke out (ie Vspan) they sure as hell were dealt with from the coach. I thought throughout JVG's time here, our players were never able to give their true opinions on things. Perhaps Yao's speaking his true feelings tells us that he's no longer afraid of a JVG backlash = Gundy is gone!

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Sounds like JVG is gone. Yao isn't too worried talking about his inability to play the bench.

13. rocketsmetalspd

Yes about time someone on the team mentioned JVG's unwillingness to play some of the bench players that should have been groomed for the playoffs. I hope Olajuwon does work out with Yao since JVG will leave along with his coaches. If Mario is hired I can see him getting Olajuwon to help out Yao. I can also see Mario probably asking ex Rocket players to become coaches for the team: maybe Kenny and the soon to be retired Horry.

14. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

funny how Yao didi not mention that maybe JVG should sit him down and play Deke more in game 7.

15. pirc1

Yup, this time he is pulling the nail out forever!

16. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i like how he mentioned that Kirk didnt get any minutes in the series. it doesnt make any sense to me that he wasnt played. Its his former team for god sakes! Im so frustrated.

All in all, a very good interview.

17. pirc1

Yup, this time he is pulling hte nail out forever! Yao declawed! :p

18. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

if Yao actually said those words to a reporter, i think someone is going to be in trouble :rolleyes:

19. pirc1

He obviously said these things to reporters, these are direct quotes.

20. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

He blames the coach and not himself.