1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 7, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I have been doing this for the past 4 years on YMM.

And this is the 2nd year round that I will post those entries here at Clutchfan site to share with the readers/posters here after the popularity this thread received in its first year of inception.

Originally I did not expect that I have to start this thread this soon. I plan to do it in June......

But sometime reality is cruel..............

So from today on, I will regularly post articles (most of them translated ones or from Houston Chronicles or other available sources) updates of Yao Ming's 2007 summer activities, which unfortunately for this summer again, his summer will start with a recuperation/recovery from a surgery that he will take within the next few days on his troubled left toe.

Also following soon to this post, will be an exclusive interview of Yao Ming by Wang Meng on his feelings of the terrible Game 7 loss, and on some of his insights of what will happen in the post season.

Stay tune for it....as it is a very very long article that might take me the next 2 hours for its translation.

2. tinger

tinger Contributing Member

sofa!!

cant wait for next season, and of cause that is without JVG :D

3. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

whoa creating a thread soo fast

thats efficiency and dedication right there :p

this thread is something i will look forward to in the offseason

thanks

4. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

This should be a happier thread this year, with no broken bones to deal with. Only broken dreams and dashed hopes but...*trails off mumbling*

5. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Maybe he'll grow a pair of balls this summer.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Give his mommy a new house. Don't live with parents anymore.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Isn't he getting married? We demand photos from that pryuen.

8. pli777

pli777 Member

Already? :(
    The title of "Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Acitives 2006" is like there just yesterday to be read. Makes me sad again.

9. vizier

vizier Member

apparently his family sold the old house in sugarland?. and bought a bigger one much close to downtown.

10. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

He obvioulsy cares more about his summer activities than staying in the playoffs.

11. tinger

tinger Contributing Member

please whine in other threads, dont ruin this one. thanx :)

12. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

I don't know who ruins this more, Big (soft, no rebounding, turning over) Yao or us whiners.

13. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Obviously since he got stalked by a few clutchfans and decided to move his family to a safer and more secure location!

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I hope Yao can be honest with us how much of his sub-par performance in this playoffs is due to his own suckiness and how much is attributed to JVG's horrendous coaching strategies.

15. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Stop blaming this on JVG. Rebounding, defense, blocks are all hustle plays which Yao lacks.

16. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

How about keeping shooting fadeaways, chasing smaller and quicker players on the perimeters, setting (illegal) moving screens, seldom moving out of the paint in the front court before and after receiving entry passes, reluctant to shoot face up jumpers, only to play like a robot, moreover, making no adjustment whatsoever when his defenders have long figured out his predictable offensive moves? Are those his own decisions?

#16 wnes, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

The exclusive interview of Yao Ming by Wang Meng on the night of the Game 7 loss, where Yao Ming talked about how the game was lost, took the full responsibility of the loss onto himself, talked about the deficiencies of his team, and some insights on what will happen in the off season........

A very long article.......Enjoy !!

18. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Thanks for the translation, pryuen!

Coming from the center of all attention, this has to be the most insightful thoughts critical of JVG.

#18 wnes, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

pryuen, great Yao interview! VERY insightful I would say!

It makes sense that Yao never regained his "speed" from the mid-season injury and I am glad he recognizes that in the NBA today SPEED is everything. Glad to see him focus on that.

What also is very telling is Yao's comments on our BENCH. His comments about Kirk Snyder, and energizer players like Mike James.

VERY interesting stuff!

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A very special thank you to Pryuen for this translation! The article is a most unique insight into Yao Ming and his thinking. Most appreciated!Y
    PS It's good to hear the truth come directly out of the horses mouth as it were!