1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao ming will apply for a visa on 10/16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovethisgametoo, Oct 15, 2002.

Tags:
  1. lovethisgametoo

2. lovethisgametoo

I finally beat W&S......

Summary of this interview:

1. Ming confirmed that his mom is in Houston, and he will fly to Houston on 10/21 with his father (a 6'10 center).

2. Ming said that he will think about how to play J O'nail, the dream and M Camby, the first three opponents he will face (he knows Houston's regular season schedule better than many of us)

3. When asked about Asian Games Final against S Korea, Ming said the Korean Center often complained to the ref, and 'he is not a true man'. Ming also said that he understood everything that center said on court, and that guy spoke English.

4. Ming is a little frustrated for the loss, but he is not that sad, because he said he is looking forward to the more exciting matches in the NBA.

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Thanks for the link and summary, lovethisgametoo.

So when Yao gets to the U.S. with his 'visa,' is he going to take a page out of Hakeem's book and "treat [us] guys for lunch?" ;) I know a nice Chinese restaurant in Bellaire, but I'll settle for Tony Roma's. :)

I'll stop trying to be funny now.

I'm glad Yao's not coming to the U.S. down about the Asian Games. I thought he would be given how competitive he is.

#3 Relativist, Oct 15, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2002
  4. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

He probably won't be playing Hakeem though. The Dream is over, long live Ming.