1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao-ming trade posts??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by famicom, Apr 13, 2004.

1. famicom

famicom Member

Why all of a sudden when Yao has a proven season, and the Rockets are making the playoffs, are these Yao trade post threads starting?? My only answer is that these are not Rockets' fans, they are other fans from other cities who are hating on us and trying to undermine our thinking Yao is a horrible player. What's up with that?

2. sup123

sup123 Member

ive come to 2 solutions:

1.Some People all the sudden think francis is the 2nd coming of Micheal Jordan after his 33 pt game at denver and think he can carry the team all by himself. :eek:

or

2. THe 33 pt game give SOF the first time this season to bash yao, cause otherwise steve has really stunk it up this season.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's really simple - people just need to ignore them. I know they won't... it'll never happen. The "outrage" over it is too great, and one radical poster making the "proposal" is enough for some to brand the entire board.

But forget wins and losses for a second .... if you think it's in the best interest of the Rockets to trade Yao Ming this offseason, you clearly don't have a clue about economics.

It's not going to happen -- it's as simple as that.

4. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

This is the reason why they arent Gms.

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

well from a purely business standpoint, then the rockets need to do whatever they can to get philly to take francis for iverson.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I think its the whole Great Gatsby thing, the chase is far more exciting than the prize for some people, so they are trying to get rid of the thing that they believe is ending the chase. However, i think they need to realize that we just finished the chase that gets us to the big chase, so in fact there is much more exciting chasing to do.

7. PXZ

PXZ Member

There are only three players I would trade Yao Ming for: TD, KG and Lebron.

SInce none of them is going to be avaiable, Yao stays and he is the Franchise right now.

8. PXZ

PXZ Member

FIRST TIME? People came here and say anything. SF led in scoring 24 times this season and we won 14 time of it. Yao led in scoring in 26 games and we won 15 games. For some reason, I do not expect you say yao stunk it up this season.

9. Juugie

Juugie Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping an open mind at all times to improve your club. If Kareem Abdul Jabbar can be traded, anyone can. I never thought Hakeem would be traded, but he was. Scottie Pippen has been traded, Charles Barkley. There have been superstar players that have been traded.

That's not to say you make a foolish trade by any means, but if someone offers you something that will improve your club, you do it.

We all know Yao will not be traded any time soon. And believe it or not, if the Rockets are looking at economics, neither will Steve. He's selling more merchandise right now than any Rocket and is in more commercials than any Rocket.

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Hakeem left, not traded.

11. Juugie

Juugie Member

We got Boki from the Hakeem trade.

12. Nomar

Nomar Member

Economically speaking, Steve shouldn't be traded either. He is a huge fan favorite, as evidenced by his All-Star game appearences.

13. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

But the fact is that Rocket's attendence is the lowest in the NBA.
    Also, if Clutchcity is a good sample of fans, Steve is the opposite.

14. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I didn't even bother looking at that moronic thread. Whoever posts that is clueless and is just looking to get people on here upset for their own pleasure.

15. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

This is certainly not fact.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Trade high.

:D

Also, snowmt01, this board is not representative of the fanbase. A valid statistical survey found Francis to be the most well-liked athlete in the city, which you'd never guess from this board.

17. shawtydoowop

shawtydoowop Member

We'll take Yao in SA. Go ahead and trade him to us.:p

18. Raven

Raven Member

Because they're Trolls.

Raven

19. RedHonda76

RedHonda76 Member

These players were traded because they were way past their prime. I don't think anyone wants to trade a franchise player which haven't reach their prime yet.

20. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

It is really annoying and people say it too much. There is no way that Yao Ming will get traded. Sometimes, I feel like walking all the way to where they live (most likely no where near Houston) and giving them a good ol' back hand.