1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming to have microfracture surgery, his shoes may be partial cause of the injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yaomac11, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

yes I clearly remember last seasons Reebok fiasco, that's why this new episode makes the whole Team Yao and Reebok a big disgrace!

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

What is this S**t from?

3. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

I second that! First the toe, know a bone..?.. Give me a break

Reebok sux

4. The Brian

The Brian Member

god reebok is trash.

yao pisses me off about this.

sign with nike; he gets better shoes and he'll probably get cool commercials about him on tv. :D

5. Htown57

Htown57 Member

reebok has to realize that they are responsible not just for style but, more importantly, for technology of the shoe. He needs some big, ugly, big man shoes. Like the barkleys:
    [​IMG]

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You could interpret this evidence that surgery is treatment that is more likely to work. I am encouraged that Ilgauskus of the Cavs has been going strong for five, or six years straight after starting out with similar problems.

7. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

Hard-working hurts Yao
    how can run like a machine for such a big guy

8. kwng

kwng Member

I am just worried about surgery on one foot. If Yao came back from surgery
    with screws on one leg, what about the other one? He would have to balance
    both legs to avoid overstressing the other.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

WILL CHINA ABSOLVE REEBOK?

10. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

the best preventative medicine is to get his legs loosened up.
    surgically increasing the ROM of his ankle, without integrating it into the rest of his movements will only cause more trouble. reinforcing the problem area is fine, but a more detailed look needs to be taken at why the forces are causing the trouble in that location in the first place. its not just that yao is big, its that his legs are too solid. differentiate them, get more normal movement through them and his injury will not come back.
    consider what deke looks like when he runs next to yao. both big men, but deke has much more fluidity in the joints of his lower limbs. yao can get this too if he attends to himself moreso. regular acupuncture would help, giving himself some REST every once in a while will help (recoperation time very important) and getting some manual manipulation, seperating out some of those mm in the lower leg is a necessity. cheers.

11. trustme

trustme Member

STARBURYS!!!!!

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm kind of shocked ALL athletes dont get proper fitting. It really is that big a deal. Shoes arent like putting on a shirt thats a little tight around the gut. If the shoes dont fit properly it can have long term bad effects on the legs, feet, ankles, back...

Support and comfort should be 1 and 2 things to look for in a shoe, not style and price. At least thats how I look at it now cuz I learned my lesson the hard way...

13. mcemil

mcemil Member

Yao should turn to Peak,since Battier has been without seriously injury these years :D :D :D

14. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Here's something I would suggest...

Why don't we go ahead and do the procedure on the other foot as well? Preventative maintenance!

15. 1#&11#

1#&11# Member

It's not the truth:
    章明基:从去年到今年,两年我们替姚明至少放弃掉了3000万美元。
    http://finance.sina.com.cn/leadership/crz/20041207/18171208343.shtml
    Why yao choose reebok but not nike:
    签耐克为了感情,不签耐克,更是为了感情。据业内人士透露,在与耐克签订协议的最后时刻,专业性极强的姚之队在文本上的某个条款里发现了问题。这个问题至今无法确认是否是蓄意所为,但它在这场交锋里最终使耐克失去了几乎已经赢得的姚明。尽管耐克公司给姚明开出的第二份合同金额几乎是姚明如今所签订的锐步合同金额的2.5倍。
    姚明在作出决定的时候说:“你可以少给我钱,但是你必须诚实地面对我。这不是钱的事儿。”
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2004-02-13/1653770252.shtml

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have high arched feet also. It does affect you a lot. To give an idea of my own arch, when I get out of the pool and look at my wet footprint, there is very little of the "side" of my feet showing (toes, padded area up front, and heel, yes, but not much along the side).

I have to wear orthotics and can only wear New Balance because Nike and the rest just don't make a shoe comfortable for me. I must look like I hate shopping for shoes but it's hell to buy shoes that work with my orthotics.

I can imagine Yao must have hell if he has high-arched feet. That's a lot of pounding. It also effects your leg muscles a lot, and you have that much more work to keep them stretched.

Hope the surgery option really does the trick, and g**damnit, get him the right shoes!

17. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Actually Marcus Stroud of jaguars had microfracture surgery of the ankle. The probability of him playing at a high level again are slim. It may take Yao a yr and some change to get back although they want him back for the olympics.

This doesn't sound good at all. Maybe with some luck yao will recover pretty fast.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Yao should forgo some stability and go for more cushioning instead. Cushioning is key for a guy like Yao with high arches (because high arches are stiffer and don't flex as much, thus you get a higher incidence of fracture).