1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Set The Date of His Wedding

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Aug 3, 2007.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

[​IMG]

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Bunch of b**tches on this board. Its the offseason for crying out loud, if the GARM was restricted to basketball during the offseason, there wouldn't be much to write about. Can't help to think that this is an indirect sleight to Pruyuen, I see plenty of of posts about TMacs charity softball game, Rockets players at charity events, Rockets players getting shoe contracts, hardly events related to bball.

Pruyuen keep up the good work with your Yao posts.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

or create a new yao wedding thread at least

4. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Pryuen, rather than creating a new thread for Yao's wedding date, maybe you may want to put everything related to Yao's wedding in one (existing) thread?

Please explain to us how TMac's wedding thread was anything more relevant to GARM compared to Yao's and why you didn't bother to call it tabloid then.

#24 wnes, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I agree.. don't think we need separate new threads for pre-wedding pictures and setting of a wedding date.. what's next? the menu for the reception?

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Ditto... This is the best thread going these days and we got a bunch of whining babies b****ing about it. Let the Clutch Crew worry about whether it's appropriate or not. If you don't like it don't read it but don't be stupid about it.

7. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

It was an oversight on my part. I should have done that instead of creating a different thread. :eek:

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

maybe you never saw the thread and photos of TMac's wedding. His bride showed us her thong!! woohoo.

Personally, I want to see what Yao's bride has to offer us!

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My cuz got married the same day as Tony Parker and I'm getting married the same day as Yao.

Looks like I've got the cooler date, even if it's not 07/07/07. At least my anniversary is the same when read forwards, backwards, and upside down (818) :D

10. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Can't believe Yao didn't wait to have an 8/8/8 wedding...gotta be cause of the olympics. :cool:

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't remember such a thread; I wouldn't consider it any more relevant. I'm just not a fan of threads focusing on the player's personal lives, and Yao seems particularly protective of his relationship with his girlfriend. But maybe he just don't like talking about it with the US media.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why are we encouraging the invasion of Yao's private life like this?

13. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

the first baby boy we need to draft immediately!!!!!

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Fair enough.

I hear you. But we don't really know whether Yao enjoys or loathes being in the spotlight. I've heard the story of Yao getting pissed off at some intrusive fans while he was dining with friends at a restaurant in Beijing, not wanting to be bothered. By and large, though, especially from the pictures posted here, it seems to me Yao doesn't mind a little interactions with the fans, in publicly organized events or private outings.

US media in general are probably not as aggressive as Chinese media in their approaches to Yao, but it is not like Yao is in cahoots with his countrymen to undermine the jobs of US journalists, LOL. We see Yao is easily accessible to guys like Ric Bucher (of ESPN Magazine), who knows and writes plenty of stuff about Yao, even some of his personal lives. On the other, I doubt Brook Larmer, who in his book made such outlandish and baseless insinuation that Yao is the product of Commie China's secret operation, can ever get a minute of interview with the man.

Unless they plan and host their wedding on a secluded island of Barbados on the Caribbean Sea like Tiger Woods, Yao and his folks know full well they are going to be covered and followed by the general public in China. Isn't it true many members of basketball teams of both Yao and Ye are invited to the wedding? I personally am not particularly keen to care for weddings of celebrities, not just Yao, but then again, I do not make my living off making news.

15. pryuen

Well, according to what was reported in the media, and later confirmed by an interview of Sun Yue, the men and women national teams are only invited to a dinner reception on August 9 in Beijing, which is not the actual wedding banquet.

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

why don't you put your other thread for Yao summer activities? I think this should be merged with that one.

17. pryuen

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-08-06/02003084517.shtml

So this "news" about Yao Ming's wedding to be on August 18 turned out to be tabloid materials...... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Today, it was reported in every single websites/newspapers in China that Yao Ming and Ye Li are officially husband and wife. :eek:

They had completed their registration, and received their marriage certificate the night of August 3 (Friday) at the marriage registry of the Xuhui District. It was done in a very discrete, private and confidential manner. The registry normally closed for work at 17:00pm. But with special arrangement, it was specially opened for Yao Ming and Ye Li around 20:00pm that night. And the papers were completed within 30 minutes.

The wedding reception will be done on August 6 (Monday) at the Pudong Shangri-la Hotel. Only 10 tables reserved for family, relatives and close friends.

Let's hope I can find you guys some photos.....but looks like chances could be slim, as security of the highest order is in place to ensure the wedding reception is to be held without disruption/disturbance from media. Over 100 security guards were hired just for that purpose.

#37 pryuen, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where the hell are the bachelor party pics?

19. Vivid

Vivid Member

Ummm...this thread should explode with congratulatory sentiments for the big guy!!! Congrats Yao!!! I hope the best for you and your wife... people always seem to fight harder when they have some one worth fighting for....MVP 08 in the midst???
    -V

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, congrats, Yao Ming!