1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Set The Date of His Wedding

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Aug 3, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, the news broke out yesterday, first from sina.com and then all over the other Chinese websites (tom.com, sohu.com, 163.com, yahoo.com, you-name-it.com) that Yao Ming had set the date of his wedding.

It is going to be August 18 (Saturday).

http://sports.sina.com.cn/cba/2007-08-02/16363077769.shtml

According to the above article, actually Yao Ming had set the date long time ago.

When he met with Lang Ping in Los Angeles end March/April, he had broken the news to Lang Ping, and placed invitation to Lang Ping to attend his wedding banquet.

[​IMG]

And the guy in that picture, who is a friend of Lang Ping, later wrote his feelings about the dinner/meeting with Yao Ming on his personal blog, and sort of disclosed the news that Yao Ming plans to get married end of the year, without disclosing the actual date, as Lang Ping asked him not to.

But after Yao Ming and Ye Li took their wedding photos in Taihuyuan on July 31, the guy updated his personal blog to rewrite the particular paragraph and disclose the dates.

[​IMG]

And a friend of this guy also put the blog entry onto his own blog.....

http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/4c4b5b5101000alc

And sina.com dug it out, and published it.

They also further found out that Yao Ming had placed the invitation to the whole China national team, men and women to a dinner on August 9 in Beijing as a pre-wedding banquet for them.

As reported earlier, Yao Ming will fly Beijing on August 7 to be attending a 1-Year Count-down to 2008 Olympics activity, and as the national team will depart for their Europe trip sometimes right after August 10, the timing seemed all falling into places.

So just read this with grain of salt, and don't start bombarding me that I'm spreading unsolicited rumours based on stuff from the not-so-trustworthy sina.com !!

#1 pryuen, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  2. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Dang, that's in 2 weeks. How is he going to get a wedding together in 2 weeks?!?! Well, I guess he's Yao. He can do whatever he wants.

3. pryuen

Well, don't forget Ye Li has returned to Shanghai long before Yao Ming returned.

In fact, she was doing all the background work.

It was reported earlier that Yao Ming's aunt and his Chinese agent had gone down to Suzhou to shop and tailor make Ye Li's wedding gown sometimes end June.

http://sports.163.com/07/0626/09/3HTF76I900051KMG.html

And the paparazzi also discovered around the same time that at a temple in Taihu, the lake, the origin of which, i.e.Taihuyuan, where they shot their wedding photos, there was a lover's locks with Yao Ming and Ye Li's names hanging there at the temple.

http://sports.163.com/07/0725/15/3K8P46KR00051CA1.html

[​IMG]

#3 pryuen, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't get what Yao Ming's personal life has to do with Game Action & Roster Moves, let alone the Houston Rockets as a team.

I appreciate the offseason Yao updates regarding his training and health, pryuen, but this is tabloid material.

5. pryuen

I'm sorry then..... :eek:

I will stop posting in future anything, photos or articles, relating to subjects like Shane Battier's visit to China, Chuck Hayes' visit to China, TMAC's Softball tournament, Tux and Tennis charity gala, TMAC's Asia tour, TMAC's wedding that has nothing to do with Game Action & Roster Move or Houston Rockets as a team. :rolleyes:

6. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Ok, let me make this relevant. Anyone think we should use a second round pick next year to lock up the first kid of Yao if it is a boy? :D

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

While none of those are really Rockets-related, at least they pertain to professional and/or business activities. I've yet to see any threads focusing on the personal lives of our other players. But evidently a lot of fans are interested, so don't mind my opinion.

8. T-mac9

T-mac9 Member

[​IMG]

чё это за херня китайская?!нифига непонятно! :eek:

9. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

"Anything and everything about the Houston Rockets. Your comments from last night's game, potential roster moves, player quotes and pictures. Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray."

The description says anything and everything about the Houston Rockets. Yao is a Houston Rocket, so anything about him should be in the GARM.

10. Good Times

Good Times Member

I'm interested, thanks for posting this. Besides it keeps the summer interesting to find out what's going on with our players.

Congrats Yao!

11. Bank_Shot

Bank_Shot Contributing Member

Congratulations to big Yao! I hope that he enjoys married life for the rest of the summer and get back ready for next year.

12. pryuen

Well the thing that maddened me was that according to what was reported, Yao Ming was sort of forced to postpone his honeymoon..... :mad: .

He needs to report back to the national team right after they return from Europe in August, and get prepared to play a couple of exhibition matches against Australian teams and European teams in September.

The following are his September schedule:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/cba/2007-07-19/13493050104.shtml

2 games vs the Australian Melbourne Tigers (Sept 5 ~ 7)

3 games vs the Australian Brisbane Bullets (Sept 22 ~ 25)

1 game vs Moscow CSKA (October 1)

1 game vs Benetton Treviso (Italy) (October 2)

1 game vs Sydney Kings (Australia) (October 3)

And I still have no clues WHY he needs to play at all against those scrub teams from Australia even though Brisbane Bullets and Melbourne Tigers are champion and runners-up of the NBL :mad:

13. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

pryuen, seriously, you should put all the Yao-related information to the "official Yao summer activity thread".

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Who is Lang Ping? Is he or she related to Feng Tracert?

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Right now, she is the head coach of your Women Volley Ball National Team.

16. pryuen

Who is Feng Tracert ? :eek:

In case you don't know, Jenny Lang Ping, nickname Iron Hammer, is a legend, a national icon of China some 20 years ago, when she led the Chinese women national team to numerous Asian & World Championships and Olympic titles.

She is currently the national head coach of the US women national volleyball team.

She used to be Yao Ming's childhood idol, and a good friend of his Mom.......

http://star.sports.cn/langping/en/

17. pryuen

18. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think it is not bad at all for Yao to practise with his CNT teammates this summer. I doubt he will play significant minutes against these teams as everyone is afraid of deteriorating his shoulder injury now.

19. Matador

Matador Member

pryuen: Are any of Yao's Rocket teammates coming to the wedding?

Thanks.

20. pryuen

Not sure. :eek:

From what was reported in today's Chinese website, the wedding banquet will be pretty small scale, up to some 100 people only....restricted to family, relatives and close friends. No officials and no media.

As to his Rockets team mates who will be in China these future months, I only knew that Chuck Hayes will visit China sometimes in August to honor his Ling Ning contractual commitment, and probably Tracy McGrady on his annual Asia tour, the timing of which I am not sure yet.

Carroll Dawson has just left, contradictory to what denniscd has reported earlier that he was here in China to attend Yao's wedding.

So probably, chances are slim that there will be Rockets there at his wedding.