1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Picked to the All-NBA Second Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, May 13, 2009.

1. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Al is the more versatile scorer and rebounder and that's about it. You must have never saw him play defense if you think he's better than Yao defensively. That or you must have never saw a Houston Rockets game with Yao Ming playing.

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

Picking Yao for 2nd team all NBA is wrong, what do a bunch of writers know about about basketball, they only do it for a living. The real experts are the Clutch City pundits that have declared Yao a bust and trade bait. :rolleyes:

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Congratulations!

btw, I think if the rockets beat the mavs in the last regular season game, Yao would replace Dirk in the 1st team (in that case, Howard would take a PF spot).

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Not to perpetuate this type of discussion...BUT

Being 2nd team center is kind of like coming in second at the special olympics (whoops, there goes my political career). Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, but it is clearly, of the 5 positions, or the 3 position groups, the one where there are basically only a couple of really good players in that group anyway.

After Yao, you have Shaq with 68 votes and Okur with 1 vote. Unless you Al Jefferson got 8 and Nene got 6, but they are both center-forwards. So out of 43 players receiving votes, only 3 (or 5) were centers.

5. daoshi

daoshi Member

The "writers" are at a no-win situation here, because half of the crowd here believe Yao is just average, the other half think he is the best. ;)

Congratulation to Yao.

6. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

The voters decide the position of each player they vote for. So what you just said really has no bearing. They vote for who they think the best players are and THEN choose the players position. They don't vote by each position. So one way or another, the voters decided Yao was the 7th best player in the NBA this year. He did not get on there because he is a center, the vote doesn't work that way.

7. heyangw

heyangw Member

This is BS!
    Basketball is a team sport. Great players also need great teammates.
    Jordan could not get the ring without Pippen.
    Kobe cannot get a ring after Shaq left.
    Yao cannot get out of the first round until the Rockets have great bench players.

8. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

Don't waste your time to convince YOHs, they are the REALLY GREAT experts konw basketball best

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Poor DWill. They should have been fair and let Gasol play center, TP SG, and DWill as PG. He got more votes than Shaqtus (I doubt one more selection in his career would matter)

I wish we had him; he is the only player on the j*zz that I like.

10. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

That's a really brilliant idea....but sadly David Da B!tch Stern will never let that happened, he'd rather die than see his pweshuz Bron-Bron and Kobe Bean Bryant get decimated against the clearly more superior All NBA 2nd Team.

On a side note....for reals, are sports writers that stupid? Can't they see that the All NBA 2nd Team could even sweep the all NBA 1st team in a best of 3?

11. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

yeah I agree, now Yao has a really good PG with him.

12. bjshot

bjshot Member

TD should be in 1st team. Spurs is #3 in western with so many injuries.

13. SugarLandDream8

Congrats Yao Ming Well deserved

14. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

I still think Yao got snubbed...it seems like sports writer base decisions strictly on stats. Any1 with a decent amount of basketball knowledge will say that Yao is the best 5 in the entire league...D-Howard is overrated as hell.

15. SugarLandDream8

DH will cry to the media when he doesn't get enough touches or throw his coach under the bus. That is what gets you all nba 1st team being selfish and demanding the ball. If you add the FT attempts from DH you'll see he gets a lot more touchs than Yao. Also Yao lets his teammates grab rbs that he could easily get himself. Yao often boxes out opponents while Howard tries to pad his stats as much as possible.

16. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

I know, man. Aint it funny what a million dollar contract and the bright lights of the NBA can do to change a "Christian" Man ;)

17. Squallmao

Squallmao Member

That's RIGHT, and that's only 45m in total, we still have some 15m left for role players, I can't wait to see that happens, please let happend DM :D

18. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Ah, Yao didn't have McGrady for most of the season. AND the Spurs were eliminated in the first round.

Yao should also be in the first team, by your logic.

Dirk was clearly the best forward in Texas this year.

19. Chronz

Chronz Member

I cant take anyone who thinks Deron could be the best PG in the league seriously. Hes OBVIOUSLY not the best, hes arguably 2nd behind both Chauncey and TP9.

Check out the competition at the 5, Duncan wasnt banged up all year, he had himself another Duncan-esque season, which in this league is still tops. Id probably put Dirk ahead of him, but hes not much of a Center and I do want to have some kind of tradition.

20. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I would have put Timmy in there over Dirk. He played injured all season and put up decent numbers.