1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: Our 3 Rookies Are Qualified To Play in the Rookie Challenge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jan 29, 2008.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Read the following very long but interesting article from Wang Meng of Titan Sports, where he wrote detailedly about Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks and Luis Scola.

3 hours of work on the translation.

Just want to share it with you guys.

ENJOY !!! :D

#1 pryuen, Jan 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep,

Now it is time for them to take over the starters spots from Alston and Hayes.

DD

3. Seth

Seth Member

I would like to ask the mods to change this thread title, it makes you misunderstand the content.

"Yao Ming: Our 3 Rookies Are Qualified To Play in the Rokie Challenge" should be.

4. pryuen

Well, I've tried to use that title.....but just too long. :D And actually everyone knows that only Yao Ming so far has started and played in All Stars as a rookie. Every good rookie only plays in the Rookie Challenge. So that's fully understood and implied that if they are to play in the All Stars, the 3 of them will play in the Rookie Challenge.

5. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Thanks for your work, pryuen.

"Don't scare the children!"

Good stuff.

6. exiaol

exiaol Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing. I hope Landry can learn as much for Deke as possible.

7. poprocks

poprocks Member

Especially how to swing those elbows! lol

8. jason2

jason2 Member

thanks! 3 hours work !!! really appreciated!

9. MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee Member

Another great job, Pryuen. Thanks for all your hard work. You're da man! I hope you plan to cover the Olympics too!

10. Serg300

Serg300 Member

I saw him swing them against the j*zz...but not enough.

11. TheNewLight

TheNewLight Member

Uncle Mutumbo. That's awesome.

12. Trip

Trip Member

Thanks a lot for the translation!

I can't see why Landry and Brooks should be named to the game though. They've both only gotten playing time for less than a month and have not put up monstrous numbers. While we all know the impact they've brought to the team, the Rookie Challenge is mostly based off of individual performances, and their stats, while solid, don't really qualify them...

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

One of the better Sina articles I've seen around here. I love how they paint the picture of Mutombo as a father figure on the team, and it's nice to see how much love and attention Landry is getting from the two big men.

14. pryuen

This is not a sina.com article. :rolleyes: Wang Meng works for Titan Sports. Sina.com just publishes the article from Titan Sports.

In the past, Titan Sports hosted its web at Tom.com, but recently tom.com does not publish articles from Titan Sports anymore, and that designated website of Titan Sports was gone.