1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Needs 10 More Games To Get Out of his Blackhole

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Mar 16, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Found these 3 articles from today's sina.com and tom.com

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-03-16/09242803766.shtml

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-03-16/09242803791.shtml

http://nba.sports.tom.com/2007-03-16/0424/84703739.html

They all pointed to one major obstacle hindering Yao Ming's comeback: he is currently struggling in a "blackhole" trying to get back his physical strength and stamina.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What is the point of killing him now if we lose the first round. The Rockets will need a miracle to catch the Jazz. Who contrary to popular belief are a lock for the 4th spot. The Jazz had won 15 of the last 17 before losing a close one to Miami. Then they had a let down game. They would have to lose 7 or 8 more games for us to have a chance. So winning at all cost specifically at the cost of damaging Yao is just stupid and will only hurt us for the playoffs.

3. pryuen

But did you read what Big Yao said ? :rolleyes:

It is not about taking a few days' rest and his physical strength and stamina will come back to him. He needs to continue to play and train as hard as he can in the hope of getting back to his competitive old self, in terms of physical strength, speed and stamina. That requires a process, and nothing is better than playing him long minutes to accumulate his physical strength and stamina bit by bit.

There is very little time left.......17 games before the end of the regular season. And if what Big Yao is estimating correctly, it will be about time that he reconditions and readapts right after 10 games or so to be back to his 100% old dominating self. Idling him now or playing him less minutes will not help.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

While his great first couple of games back (esp. vs Orlando) shut me up - this is one of the reasons I was so loud about wanting to see him brought back gradually. His confidence, the readjustment in the offense, etc being other ones.

What scares me most is the idea that Yao might start feeling that he's hurting the team on the court and get passive and lose his confidence.

Tonights another toughie for him - Toronto's 5-man rotation of F/Cs that can shoot and be pesky might fluster him. This is a matchup determined by whichever side imposes their will on the other. Two weeks ago, they imposed theirs. Tonight, it's crucial that Yao imposes his.

Evan

5. pryuen

And it is no longer important about trying to catch Utah Jazz for the 4th best record in Western Conference for the home court advantage now.

It is MORE about helping Yao Ming to recondition/readjust to his competitive form and shape, improving the chemistry of the team, getting Big Yao readjusted to some of the new changes in game plan and set plays, as well as eradicating some of the inherent weaknesses of this team, and getting ready for the playoffs.

6. metalshred

metalshred Member

I feel it will take more than just that 10 games he said. You don't get conditioned just in 20 days after resting ur feet for 70 days. But i expect Yao to feel much easier to play the game after 10 games.

7. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I gotta agree with pryuen this time. It's not about standings/seeds, its about getting Yao back to his normal self. That will only happen if he plays 35 minutes per night and gets his conditioning back.

8. Sextuple Double

He should drink some of this. It's the equivalent of Scooby Snacks and Popeye's spinach.
    [​IMG]

9. pryuen

So other than Yao Ming himself who knows his body better, his strength and conditioning coach, David Macha, could be a reliable source to tell us how is exactly Yao Ming's current conditioning.

Following is an interview of David Macha.

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

WTH are you talking about?! If Yao is not in top form and playing like his former monstrous self, we will be toast against the Jazz.

Rest? LOL! Good one. :D

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of Yao's conditioning, it's a matter of Yao and the rest of the team clicking after he's been out so long. That takes time. Heck I think one of his first 3 games back, he asked to go back in with the scrubs playing in the 4th qtr so he could work harder towards returning to top form.

12. Northside Moss

Oh Sina, how I love your broken and often-hilarious english.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, pryuen, for the Macha interview. 302 pounds and 7% body fat... that's amazing! The big guy has been working his arse off while rehabbing, that's for sure.

14. blender

blender Member

Looks to me like Yao's doing exactly what he needs to get back into game shape, and he's doing a great job at it. I can't even imagine what it would be like to go up against the Phoenix Suns after sitting out for that long. And JVG seems to be doing a good job with Yao's minutes as well.

I'm a bit worried about Yao's dislocated finger and the constant hits he's been taking on it, but other than that, things look to be on track for the big fella.

15. Northside Moss

16. pryuen

Man.....77% that exact ??

17. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

There's 20 something game left and Yao's conditioning will be work on time for the plaoffs.

18. pryuen

Has the NBA regular season extended ?? :rolleyes:

19. tinsley

tinsley Member

20. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

hey that reminds me have yall seen that new Arenas comercial?! I think it's awesome! its fews seconds about his life!