1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao Ming Named Player of the Month

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by askball, Dec 1, 2006.

1. boby

boby Member

Pryuen, remember what a wise man once said?

DO NOT FEED TROLLS!!

Because that only excite them!

2. cmellon

cmellon Member

I love Yao and Rockets so much, but durvasa has his point and I think he is as right as anyone who thinks Yao is the POM. There are so many cases that can be made to say that another player deserves the POM more. But let's enjoy this rare opportunity when it comes, and not arguing with each other about something which is to me a little bit subjective.

3. cmellon

cmellon Member

Durvasa is not a troll. He is one of few posters that I will actually read his comment and learn something more about basketball, unlike some other posters who just fill up space.

4. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

buddy, its a bad idea and disrespectful to Yao and all houston fans to hi jack a thread that is for the purpose of congratulating our big man

if you started another thread that compared yao to dirk...i am all for it..but I think you shouldnt argue anymore for the sake of respect

cheers

5. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Relatively speaking, Steve Kerr does not know basketball. Among those guys, Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, Regie Miller do not know baswketball, either. Only Doug Collins knows.

6. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Oh, yeah ? Then enjoy your reading.

7. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

durvasa - you do realize that the PER rankings change game to game right? Dirk happens to be on top at the moment. Just a few games ago it was Lebron. And before that Yao. And before that Zach Randolph, etc. etc. The top 5-10 PER leaders move positions quite a bit.

Regardless, congrats to the big guy!

8. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

I agree with durvasa.

Dirk deserves it more. He's highly underrated.

9. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

who would u rather have on your team? dirk or kg?

10. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Yao won his well-deserved POM. And Tmac will win the next one. Our Rockets team will go deep into the playoff with these two POMs. Only the faked Rockets fans think otherwise. Go back to your smelly Mavs boards, trolls.

11. Flamescreen

Flamescreen Member

Well deserved I think.
    First step to player of the season hopefully.

12. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Underrated? How? He is regarded as the reincarnation of Larry Bird. You still think he is underrated? and Highly underrated??

13. akuma

akuma Member

just 3 more of these and Yao should lock up the MVP. no way it goes to a player from the leastern conference (sorry Dwight, Lebron).

14. akuma

akuma Member

for a month or for a season? the Diggler has never gotten 29.4 for an entire season. his best is 28.1 which is still very good; better than Hakeem's best which only means that PER is not very reflective at all of defensive prowess. great players like KG, Duncan, Dream, Robinson, Pippen, Payton, Russell and even Jordan have been slighted by their PER ratings.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Never said PER was reflective of everything. Certainly, PPG and RPG conveys even less.

16. durvasa

You make a good point here. :)

But, my comment at that point was regarding Dirk's +/- numbers.

#136 durvasa, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  17. durvasa

If someone else argues with what I say, I have to respond ... out of respect.

And is the purpose of this thread to congratulate Yao or talk about Yao being named player of the month? I actually did both.

18. almostReady

almostReady Member

oh dear mama,

so sad i am crying, they took away the award from your little boy, help me mama, please, please! i deserve it more,

[​IMG]

signed,

irk floppiski

19. boby

boby Member

Yes, he is a fan, of couse. A Rockets fan, to be precise.
    I just simply don't get it! If ppl like him can claim to be Rockets fans, then Sir Charles and Kenny Smith can probably be described as diehard YOF!

Because even these gentlemen are keeping their stinky mouths shut now and didn't say anything about 'Yao doesn't deserve this POM'.

Some so called Rockets fans are simply disgusting.

20. durvasa

Whatever. My initial comment was, "Congrats to Yao, but I think Dirk deserved it more." When people responded to that by making their case for why Yao deserved it, I had to clarify my position. As long as people keep responding in the thread to discredit by position, I have to defend it. I'd be quite happy if this Dirk vs Yao conversation just ended: I have an opinion which I've expressed, others disagree, let's leave it at that.

I'll be smarter next time about what I say in such threads. I momentarily thought this was a basketball board and not just Rockets Fan board. How disgusting of me.

#140 durvasa, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006