1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming is a big, soft, above average center.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MeatAndPotatoes, Feb 19, 2008.

1. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

and Dwight Howard should be traded. 2-9 , only 8 rebounds 8 pts and 5 turnovers

2. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

there's a difference between softness and finesse. yao is simply a finesse player. he's NOT soft. i know it's easy to say he's soft after he takes fadeaway jumper after fadeaway jumper, but that's because he has the ball 15 ft from the basket and is too slow to drive in. yao is what he is, a jump shooting center, whether thats a good or bad thing.

3. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

You know what, I understands MeatandPotatoes disappointment in Yao.....He is arguably the best center in the NBA but he has the potential to be better....Im upset because this potential should have been unleashed by now and it seems that from last year, he has regressed a little....Yao gets beatup every night in the post and the officials do not call the fouls every single time....They feel just like I do in that Yao should dish out his own brand of punishment on the opposition by throwing elbows and shoulders into his opponents and those guards that steal the ball in the post....Once he plays with constant aggression and vigilance he will then get almost every call because the officials will feel that someone is going to get hurt if they do not blow the whistle....

4. Blaster

Blaster Member

I've said all these things after watching Yao play EVERY SINGLE game of his career. I root for him and hope he does great to this day and beyond. I'm only stating FACTS

Sorry, without finishing my reading, I have to correct something, this is your opinion which you are free to share, but that's not FACTS

Got it? if not, go back to 5th grade

5. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

they are both above average, tracy and yao. none of them could dominate opponents by himself. i can't exclude the fact they can make surprise some games,not critical. well, you got to learn how to get used to it. poke your nose under other players and you will love them.

6. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I think you're right to an extent but we've seen Yao punish the opposition in the post....

7. 2rings

2rings Member

By the way genious, you meant extinct, not instinct. Instinct means a natural awareness or aptitude. Use in instinct in a sentence like this:

MeatandPotatoes has no instinct whatsoever when it comes to judging basketball talent.

OR, like this...

MeatandPotatoes has no instinct when it comes to making intelligent posts.

8. amadeus

amadeus Member

You don't have to reply a thread like this.

Just rate it and let it sink. :rolleyes:

9. 2rings

2rings Member

Notice a trend here? Many of the all-stars are having crappy shooting nights (see Yao, LeBron and DH). Even the great ones get tired.

10. Blaster

Blaster Member

After reading this thread, I am wondering why he could post but I can't only reply, so unfair~~

btw, Yao should be superman, being tall, shoot well, could dunk like Howard, should defense like Camby, should attack like Stoudamire.

Simple solution, go back to your NBA 2008 and adjust Yao's stats all to 99, a perfect computer player who would be never off

11. craig.ng

craig.ng Member

hhaha...yea..i cant agree more..

12. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

So impressed with the writing, especially from someone who is obviously r****ded.

13. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I'd trade him for Dwight Howard - THAT'S IT.

That's the only big in the league i'd trade him for. It isn't realistic so it means nothing.

YAO IS A SUPERSTAR CENTER. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?

14. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Yeah right, McGrady absolutely dominated the first quarter of the season and Yao absolutely dominated the third quarter of the season.

Where were you?

15. craig.ng

craig.ng Member

hahaha.....so funny but so true...

16. dewster

dewster Member

the only thing i can really say is....LOL @ the replies. and ROFLCAKES @ the thread starter.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Is the first game after the All-Star game, most players are getting over the hang over that is the All-Star break. I am sure Yao will have a better game on Thursday and who knows maybe Artest will be there to help out. :)

18. craig.ng

craig.ng Member

remember how Phil Jackson were trying to flirt with Yao in the recent two seasons....he wants Yao to be in his team sooooooooooooo baddddddddd....
    and remember, Phil Jackson isn't nobody coach dude..

if even Phil wants Yao so badly, then would Yao be someone so called weak and abover average center?

think about it dude..just dun get too mad after a bad, i meant average, game... ;)

19. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Get the **** out of here troll. The only reason the rockets are 18-3 in their last 21 games is because of yao.

20. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

THIS IS A STUPID POST BY A STUPID ASS PERSON