1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming is a big, soft, above average center.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MeatAndPotatoes, Feb 19, 2008.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

You can kiss this thread and your membership goodbye now......

2. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

100% agree!!!!

3. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

MeatAndPotatoes, THIS is a big, soft, above average thread.

4. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

This coming from a man who can't spell "average". :rolleyes:

5. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

think about if rockets say they are going to trade yao ming,how many GM of other team will be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D :D :D

6. Lovemachine2000

In arguably his worst game this year, Yao still had 16 pts and 14 rbs. How many centers average close to these numbers in the league? Howard, Kaman, and that's it. I think some people just have too high of expectations for Yao, and that is understandable, for he's so talented physically and skillwise. But we have to be realistic, Yao will not physically dominate offensively like Shaq or Howard, he will not be as skillful as Hakeem, nor will he be as good defensively as Deke or even Robinson. But Yao is still an exceptional center nevertheless, certainly one of top two right now in the league. He is just getting into his prime as a player, and hopefully he'll prove his worth in the playoffs in the next five years.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

This is a little bit too late. I had same assessment of Yao right after the Utah series.

lower your hope on Yao, you will be just fine.

not as low as 3/17 though, so **** plz STFU.

8. pearlon

pearlon Member

MeatandPotatoes is a big, soft, above average type of meal.

Meals like this are becoming extinct for a good reason. It is not delicious, and it's too much of a hassel to cook. Don't get me wrong, it is an above average meal, but the only reason it gets so much hoopla is for its flavor and heartiness. PERIOD.

The potatoes are soft. They have times when they get angry and throw down a chunkiness or powers its way inside people's belleys, but 90% of the time, they are just soft and cannot get into people's mouths. They are talented at burning people's mouths and has a great texture.

blah blah...

Honestly, i'd trade MeatandPotatoes for pizza, hamburgers, whale blubber, ice cream, Playstation 3, vagisil, possibly spinach.

blah blah

MeatandPotatoes, you make some good points for a second grader... Keep up the good work on learning how to read and write!

9. MeatAndPotatoes

lmao at all the replies. lol at the 1 star of this thread the very second it opened, and all the replies from people who didn't even read most of it.

sorry guys, i'm not blind.

I'm routing for Yao atleast as much as anybody else. That's the problem though. He's a good center as i've expressed so many times, but i'm not going to pretend that he's something that he's not, just because he's a star player on the Rockets. Wake up people.

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

SHUT UP ALREADY CRYBABY GEEZ!

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

You made me spit out my coffee

12. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

.....Furthermore, you can't even spell Yao's name right (Yo?)
    I hope that it was atleast a typo-but either way your asking for some massive flaming

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You say he's a good center, and at the same time you'd trade him for Eddy Curry? You expect anyone to take your post seriously when you say that?

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Thousands of Chinese ninjas are hacking MeatandPotatoes IP and infiltrating his home as we speak...

15. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

you are rockets hater@!

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

17. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

shouldn't this thread be locked already?

18. MeatAndPotatoes

btw, jfyi, the reason i made so many errors was because i was making this thread during the 4th qtr. i was typing most of it with my eyes on the screen, so if my finger missed a few keys here and there, you have my sincere apology. [​IMG]

19. spydermex

spydermex Member

Dude learn how to spell, its rooting, not routing, geez, i think people should have to be in the forum at least a year before they can even post in a thread let alone create one.

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I seriously thought you were drunk at the beginning before I read your reply here.