1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming is a big, soft, above average center.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MeatAndPotatoes, Feb 19, 2008.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

It is not about Yao, but *** in this thread sucking more than ever.

2. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I think one of the reason why people b****, it because they're looking at the big picture. In the playoffs he's got to be able to take that phyisical contact and dominate. Does Yao have any hand grips? It is amazing how somebody can tap his hands and the ball comes out.

3. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I remember last year, they tried canceling his pregame shooting and he did well after that, may be someone can sugest this again.

4. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Thank you Jerry, you see the big picture....I am thrilled at your assessment because although I am happy with the wins but during the playoffs, we need consistent and great play from Yao if our offense is geared to run through him. Teams are going to focus on him and if he is not strong enough for him to hold the ball then we are going nowhere....He doesn't have to score alot of points, but he must everynite in a 7 game series to rebound...demand a double team and take a hit...I am tired of all the people on this board to live in the moment but we need to get better...What is Yao going to do when Kurt Thomas or Shaq hit him a couple of times? Yao is the best big in game when he wants to be....(when he wants to be.......)

5. Astockmarketgod

the whole problem can be solved... if Yao throws a few elbows through out the regular season...

then you would get less clutching...grabbing.... hacking etc... so we wouldnt have to rely on the Ref's to make a call...

but the problem...Yao .... is too nice...

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Benefits of Yao:
    - Scores consistently, presence in the paint (alters shots), commands double teams (ask any center-Tyson Chandler anyone), skilled with both hands, awesome free throw shooter (86%), hustles, committed to getting better, and loves playing in Houston

Risks of Yao:
    - WAY TOO MANY TURNOVERS, ATTEMPTS WAY TOO MANY LAYUPS THAT SHOULD BE DUNKS (I loved the dunk on top of Noah's head, Pumps fakes when not require, Lacks aggression needed to play in the post, Slow to react(expected based on his size).

Based on the above, I'll take the big fella all day everday, 25/8/365 and 13 months out of the year. We expect more because we see flashes everynight. However, I'll take the consistent Benefits everyday.

So let me know when Dwight is available because that is the only center I would consider trading for Yao. BTW, stop voting for Yao into the allstart game, he could use the rest.