1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming is a big, soft, above average center.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MeatAndPotatoes, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MeatAndPotatoes

Centers like him are becoming instinct for a good reason. He's not atheletic, and he is too much of a liability. Don't get me wrong, he is an above average center, but the only reason he gets so much hoopla is for his race and height. PERIOD.

The guy is soft. He has times when he gets angry and throws down a dunk or powers his way inside, but 90% of the time, he's just soft and cannot get into the paint. He is talented at shooting and has a great touch.

His defense inside the paint, and his post-up moves are what make him a good center. His lankyness, clumsyness, softness, and chokeyness, are what keep him from being great and getting this damn team anywhere.

Honestly, i'd trade him for Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudamire, Eddie Curry, Elton Brand, Emeka OKafor, Bynum, possibly Camby.

I know how P Jack wants to use Yao. He wants to use him alot less than he's used to. Yao can be a huge factor to mix up the pace, or spread out the defense when NEED BE ONLY. He does need a double team at times, and of coarse this is good for the team, because it opens up the offense for the rest of the team, not Yao!(lol @ deke chanting the crowd after teh technical foul on landry).

I could go on with more insight and important facts, but this is already too long a read as most of you won't even be reading this much of what i've typed. Basically, Yao should not be our leader. I'm glad with him on this team, but it makes me sick how soft he is. I would like for Landry and Scola to get alot more minutes during the playoffs, as Yao will most likely venture into his nervous, soft, shakey habbits, and become nothing but a complete waste of a season for the whole team. Then again, him getting less minutes might do him some good. If he gets mad, that distracts him from being nervous.

I've said all these things after watching Yao play EVERY SINGLE game of his career. I root for him and hope he does great to this day and beyond. I'm only stating FACTS. The man is soft and weak, but talented, and tall.

chinese people believe anger is a weakness and Yao gets hammered and hammered nightly. He will never be a powerful force since he meditates his anger and frustrations away as these much smaller players continuously bully him around the block, and pwn hiim from every angle. He will show signs of anger at times, but he always reverts back to being the big gentle giant. IT's too late into his career to hope for him, or to pretend for him to ever be a dominant or powerful player.

I ....ing hate to HAVE to admit it, but this tall p.... will do more BAD for us in the playoffs than anything. Ya, he'll score 20 and grab 10, but when we NEED them, he'll crumble into his make-up bag and sob his eyes out wondering why all these americans are picking on him. I so hope i'm wrong though, these are just my humble, open-eyed feelings. [​IMG]

2. GKlutz

GKlutz Member

just one game and you are b****

3. MeatAndPotatoes

o gawd admin, pls fix teh spelling in teh title!! [​IMG]

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Um...

Probably best to wait a day or two before opening ranting threads.

5. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

6. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

I thought this was going to one of those sarcastic posts.....

7. allenz

allenz Member

just one game .he still got 14 Reb
    and we win..
    so,stop ur a b****

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are a fool man. A total fool. The same kind of fool who posts the trade t-mac threads after we win because t-mac has a bad game.

Yao had a bad game, deal with it. It happens.

The Rockets have a 9 game winning streak mostly by wide margins, and you are complaining????

Yao played soft in this game, sure. But trade him for it? You need to chill or you're going to cause another series of Trade Yao and Trade T-mac threads.

Geez, think before you post - I hope you get demoted to a rookie.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Clutch, I think this deserves an automatic ban.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I see one star in your future....

11. dback816

dback816 Member

this post confuses me on so many levels

:confused:

12. tsunami

tsunami Member

agree, it's time to trade yao

13. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Imaging Houston would like to trade Yao, how many NBA managers would go crazy, then I know U just farting... :D :D

One bad game...come on...

14. OrangeCountyCA

Dude, the Rockets won the game.

This is not an individual sport, it's a team game. :rolleyes:

15. dalaohu

dalaohu Member

I think he is b**** for his whole life not just this one game.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

can we stop making these threads after our stars have an off-game?

say what u wanna say in the game/post game threads and stop cluttering this board with pointless threads.

i was very angry with the play of our stars. but you have to take positives out of every game. our role players stepped up. they are much improved over last yr. and this could be the key as we go into the playoffs.

17. Keivan

Keivan Member

+1 you got the point.

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

yao for artest + fillers, hands down.

19. Htown57

Htown57 Member

I did too.

MeatandPotatoes...unless you're drunk right now...i just don't understand it.

20. brooksstephens

I got your soft.... RIGHT HERE!!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TnNLousI6b0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TnNLousI6b0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

H-A-T-E-R