1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: I Feel Like A Fish Out of Water

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Apr 27, 2008.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Man......the Big Man is so desperate and frustrated.....but at the same time so driven to get better and stronger everyday......

If only every of his team mates is as driven and focused as he is.

96 out of 100 free throw in only his 2nd shooting practice, and 92 in his first practice. :eek:

2. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

:rolleyes:

3. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

well the only thing he can work on is his shooting with his leg broken so i expect his percentages to be extremely high, in fact i predict a 90% year for Yao next year.

4. Pringles

Pringles Member

i wonder if he is going to practice 3 pointer shooting, kind of like how amare extended his range to mid-range shots. that'd be sweet.

5. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

well he needs to get that mid-range game first and then that three pointer.

6. ekim

ekim Member

Yao is a VERY GOOD free throw shooter... but he had his share of FT trouble during important moments...

http://clutchfans.net/game.cfm?gameID=2766

7. ibm

ibm Member

stop talking, yao. we all know how you feel. just do whatever you need to do now and come back strong next year. keep your head down and make things happen.

8. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

92 out of 100 is okay for an average NBA shooter in a pratice. It's really easy to shoot free throw alone in a gym. I know a 14 years old dude here who made 67 consecutive free throws.

9. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

man i love yaos determination hope he comes back strong and has an injury free season

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you can see yao's pain last night on ESPN. when we made bad plays in the 4th, he was like in pain. i feel ya yao. get stronger buddy.

11. t_mac1

he does come back strong. i thought his stamina was great. but then an injury occurs again.

i just pray he doesn't have a season-ending injury again. nagging injuries are fine. just hope no more injuries that sidelines him for a long time. it's been 3 yrs straight now.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yao has got to realize that he's human and needs some rest.

Say no to playing meaningless games or running bad drills. Say no to your coach for playing 38 minutes a game.

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

If only he wouldn't keep suffering season-altering/season-ending injuries that keep ruining our chances at a serious championship run. I know Yao has great work ethic, but it does us no good if he isn't being "driven and focused" on the court.

I guess no more than 30 minutes a game for him from next season on, he clearly can't handle 36-38 minute games on a consistent basis for an entire season, or half-a-season for that matter.

14. t_mac1

but we won't need him to play more than 30 minutes next yr though. we've proven we can play with the elites for a whole game without him. yao should feel zero pressure next yr b/c this team can play without him.

just come back strong, improve on his weaknesses, and dominate when he's on the court. landry should be able to play 28-30 mins next yr consistently. scola shoudl assume more of a starter's role with 35-36 min. deke hopefully will be back for 8-10 mins.

we are deep at the bigs. hopefully yao will play more freely with less stress next yr.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i hope he works on straight upper body,arms, and hands. If he gets super strong, he can finish some of those plays at the cup better.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I will HAPPILY take 30 minutes of all-out-Yao provided that he dominates every second he's on the court. I would have no problem with Yao's reduced minutes if he can average 25-10 in those 30-32 minutes. I think with Scola and Landry both developing and improving, we won't need Yao for more than that, much like the Spurs rarely need Duncan to play big minutes until the playoffs roll around.

I will be far more interested next season in following the 'Spurs blueprint' for keeping Duncan fresh and injury-free for a long playoff run. I really think we have the requisite talent in the front court, and we now just need a solid backup for McGrady so he doesn't need to keep playing 40+ minutes at this stage of his career. It's not good for anyone (fans and franchise alike) to have both of our star players hobbled by the time the postseason is under way.

Let's approach this smartly from now on, we have no more excuses now fully knowing that our two star players are injury-prone. Everyone should be on notice...

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was just incredibly stupid for them to play heavy minutes this year, and then for the Rockets brass to shrug and say that "we have no other options".

Yeah, I realize we were in a disappointing slump, but it felt exactly like last year while watching our rookies go unused.

18. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I feel bad for Yao. It sucks that such a competitor has to be kept on the shelf. I hope he stays healthy next year. We need it.

19. t_mac1

exactly, now we need a backup for tmac/battier. luther head is just not getting it done right now.

even vujacic is proving to be 10x better than head and i thought that would NEVER happen.

it's strange b/c we have 2 stars that haven't won jack. i don't htink any team has that. hell, our 2 stars haven't advanced out of the damn first round.

20. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yes, we should keep both TMac and Yao fresh for the playoff next year. CL and LS no doubt can provide sufficient backup at the front court. It's Morey's job in the off-season to find similiar support for the PG positin (better yet a solid starter letting RA and SF coming off the bench) and TMac. Then we are set for next season.

I have just finsihed reading a book "The Thrive Diet" written by Bendan Brazie (Professional Ironman Triathlete and Formulator of Vega). I find Chapter 4 therein is particularly apppropriate for Yao Ming. I don't know what he is eating for his rehab/recovery but being a Chinese, I don't think Chinese diet is anything good for his health. I hope PRY or the Yao's Team can bring Yao's attention to the recommendations of Bendan Brazie. I have been trying the Thrive Diet receipes and being a man about 60 years old, I find it very helpful for my recovery from my daily running exercises.