1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: I am More Sad Than Anticipative

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 21, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Member

The first time Yao Ming told us about how he felt at the changes of the coaches.

An article from Yang Yi on today's tom.com/TITAN Sports.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

“I only have limited knowledge/impression of Rick Adelman. But I thought if he indeed will join us, then definitely I have to start to pick up some of those skills that I have put aside for all these years.”

What does this mean?

He expects to use some different skills under Adelman?

3. pryuen

pryuen Member

Could be his long range jumpers, 3-pointers....... and his face-the-basket skills :D

4. trugoy

trugoy Member

High post playmaking

5. trugoy

trugoy Member

"But I thought, after Rick Adelman joining us, perhaps I will finally have a chance to score my first triple double in a game.”

Translation: JVG did not use all my skills and I will not reach my potential under him.

Yao sees himself as Sabonis, not Shaq.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

360 slam dunks.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG] Hey Yao, don't be so sad, now you can flop and take all the jumpers you want like me!
    [​IMG] Wow, that's awesome, I can pass and do fancy moves now. I can never be as good as a flopper as you, Vlade!
    [​IMG][​IMG]Flopper! HAHAHAHAHAHA

8. ccjj

ccjj Member

Remember all those fansy passes during his first 2 seasons?

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Yeah but I also remember he didn't average more than 1.7 assists either year. His high assist year was this past year.

10. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

I am guessing this is Yao's euphemism of saying JVG did not allow him to do what he can do, but rather mold him to what JVG wanted him to do. After all, we had always thought Yao could shoot from 15-20 feet away, and has great passing skill, but JVG did not create a game plan to utilize them.

11. blender

blender Member

I didn't know there was anything wrong with his right shoulder. Did he hurt it during the playoffs?

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Thanks for the sweet translation as usual, pryuen.

13. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

I am sure Yao's right shoulder is fine. I guess Pryuen just thought the interview was somewhat boring so he decided to add some spice to it to keep us interested in his thread.

14. pryuen

pryuen Member

Did I ever offended you before that you seemed to be ALWAYS after me in your posts.....? :rolleyes:

As usual, I have attached the link of Yang Yi's original article in my translation.

Ask anyone that can read and understand Chinese and read that article by Yang Yi. They can all testify that I have not added anything into my translation to make it more spicy and interesting.

Yao Ming's right shoulder had some worn and torn after playing basketball for that many years, and it was well known within the Chinese basketball circle. It is not me that mocked it up. :mad:

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Do passes to cutters count as assists? The only one this season I remember Yao dishing out was to, of all people, Novak.

16. TheGM

TheGM Member

MacGreat is an idiot for saying that. Great job with the translation, it's much appreciated.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Thanks P....

Everyone is a bit hesitant about change and asking Yao, so soon after the dissappointment I would expect him to be down.

However, I chose to be positive about this, and it seems Yao is a little excited by being able to expand his role.

Ask him around September, and see if his excitement has not grown...I expect by then he will be on the anticipation side of the argument.

DD

18. xliu

xliu Member

Thank you very much for your excellent work, Pryren. I really enjoy reading it.

19. vtkp99

vtkp99 Member

cause' his name is "Macgreat"...MOF

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

No, he got lots of passes to Head on the baseline cut and got several of the same passes to Snyder.