1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

thanks yao, you are a gentle giant

see you in the front office

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

This bums me out so much. :(

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sorry to have hurt your sensitive eyes. :rolleyes: Ignoring me won't change the fact that all of you are just as pissed as i am because Yao can't step on a piece of paper without breaking a toe. Didn't realize everyone was so into their feelings today. :rolleyes: So what Yao is going to be playing. Guess what, Yao hasn't been playing for almost a year and a half now.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think some people don't understand what an "appreciation thread" is about.

It's not a thread you go on a say bad things about the person who is being appreciated.

Especially Yao Ming ,who has always been a humble hardworking player.

I don't care if Yao Ming was from China or even if he was from Canada, he's a class act and I'm glad he played for the Houston Rockets.

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You are such a ****ing r****d, did your parents abandon you or something?

So much hate, do you hate people for having different skin colors? Do you hate people who are short? Do you hate people who are ugly? Why do you hate on Yao for his injuries?

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I think it was during his first game for us, people were wondering what kind of skill set he really had, and a wing passed it to him at the elbow on the run, and he SLAPPED the pass to a cutter for a layup! I was mezmerized. His potential was blinding and great as he was, no one could ever live up to that monumental burden. I love Yao.

7. sew

sew Member

lol, wow.

You're pissed off at Yao. (Why? I don't know)

We're disappointed. Do you know what the difference is?

Probably not.

8. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Yao,

You're the reason I became a Rockets fan to begin with. I was in Houston for work, had the night off, and so I went to see my first NBA game - against Philly. You had a lot of work yet to do on your game, but I could tell you were something special, and from that moment on I watched every one of your games. Thanks for being you! A model of consistency and hard work. At your best, you were THE best. Not to mention your personality should be a model for NBA players for years to come. Thanks again, and I wish you all the best luck in your future endeavors!!!

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

BAN THIS GUY!!! IMMEDIATELY!

10. Trip

Trip Member

As someone of Chinese ancestry who immigrated from Singapore to North America in 2002, Yao has had a special place in my heart. The fact that I was a Rockets fan before we got Yao made it that much sweeter. I remember going to his first game in Toronto and being one of what must have seemed like 10,000 Oriental faces there. Yao scored 21 points and iced the game for us down the line with free throws. I'll remember that for the rest of my life.

Hope the Rockets can keep him within the organization as an ambassador, or set up some kind of partnership agreement with the Sharks. It'll be extremely weird to see Yao in another team's jersey. As long as he wants to make a comeback, I would totally support signing him to a minimum contract, if only just to thank him for the years of loyal service.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. I just have man-parts, unlike yourself.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This guy has been dragging the average IQ of the GARM down for a while now. Now he shows that he is not only stupid, but also classless. Please Clutch, put him out of his misery. Please.

13. HTownRockets#34

i'm as frustrated as anyone about the injuries, but in a sense the timing for this is good. he's a FA after this season, and we can finally move on. nonetheless i will never forget his game 1's against both the lakers and blazers.

14. sew

sew Member

Obvious troll is obvious.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Of course i'm upset. Not just at Yao's inability to stay on the floor, but at the entire organization for the Yao roller coaster ride. Look, it's tough luck for Yao, but enough is enough. Now they are pretty much forced to move on instead of doing it voluntarily.

16. Spankie

Spankie Member

Whoa bro, don't pms !! :cool:

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You don't mean that. ;)

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are not funny, you are not interesting, you have no class and your posts in this thread make all Rockets fans look bad. Just go away.

1 person likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is a "Yao Ming appreciation thread" and you have the most posts in it despite not having anything good to say about the man.

Why don't you vent about him in the other thread?

20. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

....damn.

I love Yao. This f***ing SUCKS.