1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

Yao Ming Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrlPerlMonroe, May 1, 2009.

1. Rockets go go

Rockets go go Member

remember?
    YAO
    meet something big
    ;)

2. gotoguy1982

gotoguy1982 Member

As a Shanghainese,I'm so pride of Yao's performance.
    GO YAO!GO ROCKETS!
    BEAT LA!

3. chaosun86

chaosun86 Member

Thank you YAO! You brought me so much joy. Let's go rockets! BEAT L.A
    We trust you! And we can beat them and go further!

4. Yun

Yun Member

Congratulations! Yao

Go beat LA

5. Kindger

Kindger Member

Wow, you are from the center of the universe!

6. chengshan

chengshan Member

oh, i thought that it was the origin of the universe...

7. KareemOlajuwon

Yao's the best center in the league. Perfect performance this Monday to open the series.

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

Yao is a rare find in the NBA...works hard, humble, great teammate....easy guy to root for....
    Congrats YAO!!!! you deserve it

9. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

This..... Yao Ming was the best player in this series and Yahoo poll'd who had the biggest impact in the Rockets-Blazers series which included Brandon Roy and Yao still won the poll.

Yao does a lot of things that doesn't show up the stat sheet now-a-days under Rick Adelman. People like Yao are taken for granted because he's a center who's 7'6 and plays a lot like Tim Duncan. I appreciate Yao for what he has currently done for the Houston Rockets organization.

The only reason why Yao is hated on is because he has made a lot of people shoved their own foot in their mouth. Go Ask Charles Barkley that, he's already admitted today that Yao Ming's only problem today is his health. He probably also thinks Yao's the best big man in the league when healthy.

Go Rockets though, Let's hope we can win it all and upset the Lakers. ;)

10. SugarLandDream8

Yao is a class act. He works his tail off and is a great teammate.

11. lcmeng

lcmeng Member

After years of watching Yao play in CBA FIBA and NBA, I realize that it's not his 7-6 height that drives him to make the impossible happen.

He has been knocked down onto floor a million times by Wang Zhizhi (a.k.a. Dodger, the first Chinese in NBA drafted by Mavs) in CBA, by int'l centers in FIBA, and numerous players in NBA. People doubted him, and laughed at him for his slowness ,leanness and so-called softness. But every time he struggled to stand up, only to become stronger, tougher and more skilled.

I like watching Magic, MJ and Dream, but I like Yao most, as no one else in the league make me feel more attached to as a Chinese. So my hat off to Yao, as I appreciate that I'm lucky to grow up together with him and witness every game he plays, which will become the memory of our generation.

I used to feel shy to support Yao in public as a Chinese living in Philly. But now I wear Yao's shirt on every game day. I used to believe I cannot handle the guys jumping much higher than me on the b-ball court, but I now beat them with better shooting skills.

That being said, Yao, you got every reason to be happy after breaking through the 1st round, but that's just far from being enough. You gotta beat L.A. and anyone that stands in our way to ultimate success and glory! Go, Rox! Go, Yao!

1 person likes this.
  12. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

hard working
    humble attitude
    hungry to win

13. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

The thing that impresses me most about Yao is his perseverence. He could have easily let himself and his body go after another tough injury last season, but instead he worked his ass off and got healthy in time for the olympics.

He may have lost some of his quickness because of all the injuries his body has endured, but he still plays with a certain precision and unselfishness that is unusual in the NBA. He's an excellent team player and I hope he retires a Houston Rocket.

14. walker

walker Member
    Supporting Member

Amen brother, Amen!!!

15. gotoguy1982

gotoguy1982 Member

I've seen YAO playing for Shanghai Sharks since he was only 17.
    I'll never forget these great mements:
    Beat Wang ZhiZhi and became the CBA Champion.
    Join NBA as the 1st pick.
    Beat Portland and get to the 2nd Round.

NEXT I think is becoming the NBA CHAMPION!

16. YAOandMSC

YAOandMSC Member

Knee-Mac. McLady.
    I have seen Yao's games for 7 years,he finally got the answer, but it not the final answer.Lets beat LA, may we are the champions in the end!