1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao leaves Washington game with injury? (UPDATE: "Tendon straight" in left leg)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Nov 10, 2010.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah, he definitely looked disappointed. he almost had a pissed off look when he had to answer the second time that he wouldn't be able to tell when he could play again until he was scanned tomorrow.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm confused now as to who said foot or leg....either way, it's probably somewhere from the belly of the calf down to the achilles, depending on where it is, it could pretty much be in both foot or leg. From the clip, if it's his left side, i'm pretty sure it's that area.

that's why i keep saying achille's area...someone who's not used to specifying muscles may see it as "ankle" if yao just pointed to it, or if rockets staff pointed to the area to show them.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah, i don't know....he said ankle. one reporter asked if it was, "near the area..."

and before he could finish the sentence Yao said, "no."

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

i agree... i think that if yao can't take that knee to the knee/leg contact like today and when kobe (sp?)keened him then he is done because most likely it will continue to happen when players jump.

5. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

When have the rockets EVER reported Yao injuries properly?

Woj will suddenly come up with an article stating the he is done.

6. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

This is why we need some BRADDDDDINATORRRRRRR!!!!!

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

fixed

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Dang dis it know it was that bad…

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Depends. Is it a sprain or strain? Two separate things here.

10. amaru

amaru Member

What a shame, could have had such a dominate career.....injuries :(

11. DaneB

DaneB Member

Yao Ming = Ralph Sampson

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

That's what happened for not playing him too much. He gets cold and tight muscle.

13. lalala902102001

Are you honestly surprised that a player who missed 60% of the games in the last few seasons got hurt again? That's who Yao is -- great guy, class act, not built for this sport. I hope that this will be the last season Yao is with the Rockets. We need to move on. The Yao-McGrady era is over and it failed.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

let's stop refering to that hit....a strain IS NOT caused by a direct hit like that...it's caused by stretching of the area...if you look at yao's left leg as he comes back ont he ground, his ankle bends suddenly as his toes hit the floor....it was a bad landing by his foot..not sure why he's even jumping when he's taking a charge, but the awkward short jump and the hit he took fored his foot to land to quickly

Basically bent is too far/quickly like this picture, but his tendon only stretxhed, didnt tear...there's other tendons in that area though, so it may not be this one exactly.

[​IMG]

15. kevtse

kevtse Member

Well...I won't be shocked when I hear Yao's retirement anoucement tomorrow.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

sorry, all kinds of typos in my previous post ^^

Who knows how long this will take to heal, but i think it's clear it's another freak injury...of course his size probably had something to do with it, harder to control such a huge body, but it's not going to be stress related

17. OkayAyeReloaded

It wasn't meant to be with Yao, he just doesn't have the body for the long term wear and tear.

Yao has been injured for six straight years, even in reduced minutes. He, like Oden, simply doesn't have the body to play professional basketball.

There is no way he could've stood the increased minutes everyone around here was asking for.

He needs to look out for his long term health, and the Rockets need to admit what the facts say and stop hoping he will stay healthy after six consecutive years of heartbreak from false beliefs.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Nothing new...

Jonathan_Feigen Yao: “There are is a little bit sprained tendons. It looks like somewhere around ankle. Tom. will have scan and a detail check-out."

19. cujo

cujo Member

I really feel bad for Yao if this is an injury that will keep him out for extended time or even career ending. He has so much heart and drive. His body just cant take it.

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Come on.....if this wasn't for everybody freaking out, he would be back in the game.

Rockets are going to far with pre-caution. If he has no pain in the 2nd half, he should of played.