1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is seriously UNclutch!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Last time I checked, KG made it out of the first round of the playoffs.

Look, I am not saying Yao isn't clutch (he is, he just wasn't tonight). But you guys who are saying that KG isn't clutch is just ridiculous. He had one season with a decent team and they went far into the playoffs. He plays harder than almost anyone in the NBA. No one can guard him, and Yao had no business guarding a guy with his speed, quickness and athleticism. Unfortunately, he had to, b/c if we put a PF in there to guard him then Yao would have had to cover someone like Posey...

2. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

You know how many ppl make it out of the first round, a guy name Shaq who got 4 ring was never clutch and the league have to create a rule for team to spot hacking him at the end of game.

KG have done nothing, a guy name Sam Cassell, took him past the first round, and once he got hurt T-Wolve did nothing.

KG have a big history of Unclutch games in T-Wolve, whe did you star watching NBA, pls.

3. rocketshopeful

You blame t-mac for playing with his injury and not getting it addressed soon. Shouldnt you call Yao out for "ballhoggin" (2 for 10) when he wasnt healthy. Shooting off-balance airballs?

See i dont actually think its the case, but this is exactly what you call t-mac out for. You blame t-mac for shooting and not getting others involved in the beginning of games so his teammates cant get in rythm. Well Yao did exactly that in the first quarter.

quite hypocritical.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

You have no idea what you are talking about...but whatever. I couldn't care less.

I think the past week is a good example of what happens when you have a superstar surrounded by mediocrity...kind of like...hold on...wait...kind of like...KG when Cassell was hurt

So by that rationale, Yao isn't clutch. is that what you are saying?

EDIT: and just b/c I'm bored...I'll throw some non-clutch playoff stats for you the year Cassell "carried" the team. KG averaged 24.3 points, 14.6 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 2.3 blocks in those series while playing almost 44 minutes a game DEEP into the playoffs

#84 Blake, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

LMAO...EXACTLY!! I could never have said it more perfectly. I bet most of the people here are just overreacting about Yao's flaws just to show the YOF's how it feels.

6. withYAO

withYAO Member

We should give the ball to Scola in the 4th beacuse KG was againast Yao.
    On the other hand, Yao played so poor tonight.

7. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Your an arrogant SOB, leave the guy alone. AMERICA ALSO ALLOWS FREEDOM OF SPEECH, so he can write any freaking way he pleases.

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

Whether Yao is clutch or unclutchness is debatable! Remembered yao did hit a lot clutch shots earlier in the season? Great players like MJ, kobe missed alot clutch shots in their careers as well even KG get called out by Magic Johnson in his Wolves for no guts to shoot the ball in the clutch time! So the thread is basically pointless.

I m more concerned about yao shooting in this season. He is simply horrible! For a big man to shoot below 50% is simply unacceptable! Yao is playing more like J O'Neal these days shooting jumpers and getting stuffed by defenders. I dont but this excuses like he is sick or shoulder injured! Those are pure excuses! Remembered last summer training with Hakeem? Hakeem asked Yao to lean into the defenders not fall away! But what did yao do? Fall away jumper after fallaway jumper! Everyone said yao is a smart player but i think he is closed to dumb! He seems having problems learning simple basketball skills, making the same simple mistakes again and again like putting the ball down, jump into attacking player to pick up silly fouls. I m so disappointed! :mad: I used to think is Rick Adelman's fault but even yao got the ball near to the basketball he opted to shoot turnaround jumper than hump hook or attacking the basketball. And dont tell me he was surrounded by 2-3 defenders type of stupid excuses! You want to be a leader, you want to be GREAT and you want to dominate, you need to attack, attack and attack!

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Good post. As I said elsewhere, Boston's (and everyone's) game plan is totally obvious when our starting lineup is Alston, Head, Battier, Hayes, Yao: double or even triple team Yao, because Hayes isn't going to beat you, and one of the other three will probably be off too. Yao spent a lot of tonight sandwiched between two defenders or one-on-one with Kevin Garnett. Hey guys: KG's kind of a good defender. The Rockets have always had a Ryan Bowen, Chuck Hayes, Dikembe: somebody in the lineup who simply is not a significant offensive threat, which means double team Yao if McGrady is not in the game.

Is it not true? the game plan against the present Rockets is glaringly obvious: stop Yao.

On a different note: yes, I do wonder if it is worth "the system" to change Yao's game and make him work farther from the basket. He was really starting to roll on the low post under JVG.

10. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

the only reason yao is struggling is he hasnt had a chance to work on his game with cd since we have been on the road so much. when we are home for more games, cd will straighten yao out and you will see the dominating yao again.

11. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Ban this guy for not knowing his posting limits.

12. lame_chen

lame_chen Member

KG also UNclutch too in Wolves...

13. lame_chen

lame_chen Member

i agree...i`m a chinses...

i like Yao.... go to LA... Yao with Kobe ======Champion

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i've riled this board up enough, but let me add my 2 cents. 8 think there are a couple of things that really hold yao back from being dominant. one is cultural, the other is stamina. the cultural thing is something he can't do anything about, but the other he can. what makes great players great is the ability to be stronger when every else is at their weakest. I mean dream would score 10-12 pts in a row in the 4th. I remember during ramadan and playing day games in which he couldn't even drink water and dominating. the great ones stories are legendary in the 4th qt where games are won or lost. I think with his commitment to his country will limit how good he can be. there isn't a player in this league can play yr aroung and be great. that's just the truth.

15. vince123

vince123 Member

SORRY MR BLURR. you have such a good understanding of the english language
    .one who has mastered this language should not have any difficulty to understand my third grader post. am i right? also i didn't know that to post ,i had to check every word in the dictionary and recheck what i wrote,you can always skip my post in the future .but i can see that you are very attentive to details but correct me if i'm wrong because english is obviuosly not my first language and i don't want to look like a fool but after you put " Hell why do I have to "decipher" his post." shouldn't it be a ? instead ? because in third grade we learn that after a question we should put a ? ...anyway enough with that nonsense the rockets are sub .500 we are not in the playoff at the moment ,i'm posting because i want to share my opinion and want to hear about other fans' opinions and all you can write is "English? Please? " .come on dude at least share something with us ,show us what you got in your brain .talk about rockets basketball,talk about how we can fix this,talk about what is working and what is not working .ok i'll now stop with my rant .wow just wow.

16. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

If you don't think KG is clutch, then you obviously don't know much about him.

17. vince123

vince123 Member

to say that yao is seriously unclutch isn't true at all he may not be one of the best but if i remember correctly ,he hit some big shots last year.we can argue that there are a lot of better players at the end of the fourth quarter but the way the op puts it,it's like yao is the worst out there

18. lame_chen

lame_chen Member

what can KG do in Wolves?!

still can`t do much

19. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Yeah, and look at the Wolves now.

20. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Lol ya i remember those day games during the month of ramadaan, he would straight up dominate. I remember one game he was fasting and he played like 40mins and had liek 30+ points and like 15 boards and a few blocks...the guy was just SICKKKKKKKK...I mean seriously how do you play that good when your fasting and you cant even drink water? HOW??