1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is seriously UNclutch!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Jan 2, 2008.

1. DreamYao

DreamYao Member

I'll tell you what was "UNclutch", our end of game rebounding.

That's not all on Yao. How is Ray Allen able to follow his own shot? Where's the boxing out. People were standing around hoping the ball magically falls in their hands.

2. vince123

vince123 Member

no t-mac shoot them because he has to .players rarely gets the call at the end plus the teams clog the lane and make others shoot jumpers.lebron shoot jumpers at the end,kobe does it arenas,ray allen,garnett,yao,etc. yao is good but not having t-mac hurts yao more than the other .opponents will often dare other players to beat them and control yao ming.mcgrady's absence is hurting yao more than everybody here thinks. i laugh when i see people wanting to trade t-mac to get other players.i did not see one trade worth it.just don't talk show me a good deal.and t-mac is making 18.26 million not 20 million and yao is making 13.76. pierce and allen are at 16 million each and garnett is at 23.75.dirk is at 16.36.jason kidd at 35 is at 19.73 mill.

3. vince123

vince123 Member

and why do you think they would come for yao?

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

English? Please? :confused:

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's one of those "attention to detail" things that JVG would constantly harp on. To just stand there and allow a guard to waltz in unimpeded and grab the offensive board is inexcusable.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

it's pretty simple to understand

7. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Yes because he is a proven winner with all those ring on his finger.

Upps I tough you was talking about Duncan, my bad.

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

That have nothing to do with JVG, Adelman, Did you forget last minutes of 7 game in Houston vs Utah.

9. Blurr#7

If you read at a third grade level!!

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

English isn't everyone's first language. It was pretty easy to decipher his meaning without insulting him

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

+1...

12. Blurr#7

Wasn't trying to insult him but geesh at least make an effort. There are Dictionaries and a thing called "Spell check". Hell why do I have to "decipher"
    his post. This is AMERICA AND WE SPEAK/WRITE ENGLISH. Well some of us do at least.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Very different situation there. The Jazz were the best offensive rebounding team in the league. The Celtics are 23rd this year.

Also, the Rockets finished 2nd, 1st, 7th, and 1st in defensive rebounding under JVG. This year, they are 11th. And it's not like we're offsetting that by scoring more in transition.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

no, your post is complete and utter garbage. 5 years ago you'd be sayign KG was the unclutch one because he blah blah blah blah blah...

players will be clutch and not clutch throughout their careers. Yao's had great 4th quarters since he joined the NBA...and he's had crappy ones. it happens...like ****.

but big men by default are NOT clutch down the stretch. Tim Duncan? Please...the Spurs didn't win because Duncan joined Robinson, they won because Avery Johnson learned to hit a clutch FT line jumper.

Hakeem Olajuwon...yes, he had some great 4th quarters, too, but down the stretch, it was as much about Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Sam Cassel as Hakeem. Who did the Lakers go to in the clutch...Shaq? No, Kobe...who often created for Shaq, but it was Kobe being "clutch".

It's no coincidence that some of your most talented and clutch-est players of all time are 6'6-6'9 super athletic swing-men. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Lebron.

I'm not saying you don't have dominant centers, or dominant point guards...but they have limitations down the stretch. Big men are poor ball-handlers. PG are generally too short, so even when they can use their quickness to create down the stretch, they're kicking it out to someone else to actually make the shot.

But your amazing SG/SF in history have the perfect combination of athleticism, ball-handling, outside shot, inside finish capabilities, etc., etc.

that's just the way it is. I didn't watch tonight's Rockets game. i am out of town. but i know in the grand scheme of things, as clutchness goes, that's where we need T-Mac.

15. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Garnett tried to win games all by himself last year. and boy did he do well in those games! :rolleyes:

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yao needs a vacation back to China to get a tune-up. Yao 4.0. Install some basal ganglia down in his fingertips like the dinosaurs used to have with their tails bc it took too long for signals to go down there. Probably need to inject him with some more growth hormones too, until he becomes 8ft tall or grows some balls, either will do.

...I hate being a sports fan in a city where all the owners think it's alright just to be competitive.

17. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

he is exhausted after 3 quarters pushing and pulling with opponents

18. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Let me tell you one thing straight.

K. Perkins and S. Pollard got 6 fouls. That is the smartest thing for Celtics' coach to do for not using Garnet to defend Yao. That is one main reason why Garnet sill made those couple of shots in the end, otherwise, the result of the game is still doubtful .

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

hey, great analysis. bryce drew must be one of the "clutchest" players of all time! what about moochie norris? he had an amazing 3rd overtime against the Pacers 5 or years ago...is he "super clutch!", too.

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Why a few games of clutch play in Celtics change 12 years of UNclutchiness by KG