1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is seriously UNclutch!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Jan 2, 2008.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Exactly, when KG is allowed to push and not get called for a foul makes a big difference. The Rockets will beat the Celtics when they come down to H-Town.

2. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Quick! Give commish a call...

3. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

You whiners are complete idiots. Yao was outplayed in the fourth quarter tonight by a future hall of famer who had an easy first three quarters. How many times did you see KG double and triple teamed? He was guarded by Hayes and Scola for three quarters. Yao was guarded by Perkins and Pollard (who commited 12 fouls) and doubled almost every time he caught the ball. Its no wonder KG had more energy, and yes Yao did not guard him well, but like it has been said who has.

Then there is the argument that Yao is no good cuz of his last playoff performance. If KG is so clutch tell me how many times he has led his team out of the first round of the playoffs. Thats right one time in his 11 or 12 year career and that was on the balls of Sam Cassell. And dont give me that KG had no supporting class crap cuz Yao was playing with the likes of (Hayes, Alston, Juwan, David Wesley, Kelvin Cato etc..)

Then there is the whole clutch issue. You b**** and moan about this game and three or four threads will be started about Yao not being clutch and about him not being a star. Yet you ignore two games ago when he scored 8 straight points in the fourth quarter against Toronto when it was a close game and we win by 12.

Also, look at the fouls Yao picked up today. Garnett flopping, Posey falling down, and Pollard acting like a dump truck ran over him. How aggressive do you expect him to be when the refs make those calls.

Lastly, the Celtics announcer said it best. "What is a 7'6 guy doing getting the ball in the high post?" Under JVG Yao got the ball where he at least could make a play. In the high post, he is a complete non factor, yet there he is every game making the catch at the free throw line. His turnovers are up and his points are down. this offense doesnt suit his skills. You dont ask Steve Nash to run halfcourt sets all game, you shouldnt play Yao away from the basket.

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

When you get triple players guards around you, you can't expect to be so productive, cant you! Knowing your no. 1 is the one you need to guard most. Yao will get better when Tmac comes back on rotation. :mad:

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

yao gets dominated by quick PF's like Boozer and KG, and he can't score on them either. nice franchise player we've got.

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

good post..........he is recovering from a pretty bad flu and still played 42 mins... A true fighter

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Yao played fine down the stretch.

Head made a big mistake and we didn't recover from it - that's all there is to say. But give credit to KG - the guy just made the big plays. Nothing you can do about it.

8. truemantian

truemantian Member

Yao is not a good leader,yes,nearly everyone think so.But TM is not either.Yao played a ugly game today,but it dosen't matter.Everyone can't paly well all the time,ever KG.
    I must admit Yao is not better than KG.But how many people are better than KG?We all know that the level of YAO and the team.
    The team lost so many games so far and it is not because YAO,I think due to A.But the game has played better and better these game without TM,though we lost two games .
    Before this game,you really thought that we can win?We all thought we could win if opponents palyed worse.We played well tonight.

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Finally someone smart around here.

10. tmac&Yao

tmac&Yao Member

We couldnt expect a perfect YAO,OKAY,calm down!

Did we expect he is clutch in all 82 games?

Remember we never play on the court,we never know how tough he plays .

It's a just a game!

Of course ,we hope we could win this game expecially we turn a 20 points back to a 1 lead,somebody even say if we dont play YAO we would win this game!Could you agree to that when T-MAC play bad,if we let him sit on the bench we could win a game?

We all remember the fault of a player just because our hope is too big,guys,we lose just 4 to a 27-3 team with 3 super star,i am satified with our players performance!

and I can see our Denfense become better this games,and our offense is more Reasonable.

11. ilomse

ilomse Member

that's b/c those defensive hopping Yao like crazy rabbits and not being called; while Yao is doing the same thing (or even lay his second hand on the offensive player's back) will be a F@@ing foul

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. houjianwen

houjianwen Member

it's hard to forget when yao fall on 4th.
    but never remember when he good on 4th.

and ppl only remember one thing is tmac's 13pts one moment of 35secends

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

we should of traded yao for kg!!!!!! I don't care about yao's damn free throw shooting.

15. houjianwen

houjianwen Member

i know boston won't do that.

but i fo sho if yao and tmac on trade list at same time.

half league will comes for yao

16. poprocks

poprocks Member

You guys are way off base here. Yao is as good as anyone when you surround him with two other good bangers. Hell even one good post banger would help him out. Without a solid front line, Yao is going to get swarmed both on offense and defensively he'll not be able to produced. I dare you to show me another big man try to win the game all by himself. We got too many scrubs that simply cannot shoot the ball.

17. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

Yao is a great player if he has teammates that can get him the ball. Sure he has off nights like tonight in Boston but they come much fewer than most star players including TMAC. Tracy has about 4 out of 10 really solid games. Yao has about 7 out of 10. Oh yeah he doesnt get a bobo everytime he plays either. Yao usually plays really good down the stretch. He just had an off night.

18. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

tinman and you know what? Horry made a living making clutch shots off the pass off from his big men. What a concept. Shane Battier is the one that is unclutch.

19. roxwin

roxwin Member

when we lost,trade TMAC and lost again,trade YAO. you rox fans just dont like anybody in team. how about trade everyone away and get whoever you want.
    Geez.......

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yao is a clutch player. However, Yao wasn't clutch tonight.

I love how agitated the YOF's get, though. It's the only reason why I read/posted in this overreaction kneejerk nonsense of a thread