1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao in Town

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #1draftpik, Sep 22, 2004.

1. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Dammit, I should have book marked it after I got all of those playoff vids and the T-Mac press conference.

If someone would be kind enough to hook me up, please...... mlittle577@yahoo.com

TIA........If not, then I understand.

2. sway

sway Member

:) Can anyone tell me, where was the old link post at? Perhaps a little hint? Thread topic? Thread starter ect...

3. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

Anybody can give me the link that R2K mentioned?
    My email: kevin8494@hotmail.com
    Thank you in advance!!!!!:rolleyes:

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Okay, I'll take care you you guys too(Kevin, mlittle).

5. Alibabayomama

Alibabayomama Member

6. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

Thank you so much for your email, m-cable!:D

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Umm... If someone doesn't mind... fcdesignsinc at yahoo dot com... Thanks...

8. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

http://bbs .smeggysmeg.com/showthread.php?t=59

#28 bob718, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  9. moomoo

moomoo Member

i'd be the same if i didn't know where r2k keeps his stash ;)

10. Mooch

Mooch Member

11. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Ditto!

12. matrixReloaded

As I was going home from work today, around 4:00pm, a black BMW 745iL drove past me. I glanced over and seen Yao driving. This is the second time I seen him on the road. The first time was on Bellaire heading west towards Hwy 6. Today, I was on I-10 heading west (Washington).

I pulled out my camera phone, took a picture but only got the rear end of the BMW.

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

LOL. You forgot to put a picture of a gigantic spoon in there too.

Everyone else, just follow the address that bob718 posted. And bookmark it, because we're kinda not supposed to be doing this. And I sure as heck don't want to get booted from the board because of youse schmoes. :p

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

UPDATE:

there was indeed a report with Yao....nothing much really...he talked about what he is doing to get ready physically for the season...the heat....his desire to stay in Houston and remain a Rocket...and a brief blurb on who has helped him with this aspect of his life...

EDIT: on yea....on his English....remarkably better than last year....the time spent helping Del translate for the CNT must have helped a ton.

I did get it...and it is in the normal place...

enjoy.

sorry for the inconvienance....

#34 Rockets2K, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  15. moomoo

moomoo Member

thanks again for the excellent video clips, as usual, r2k!

exciting to see yao's increasing confidence in speaking english.

exciting to see yao training in the hot sun at rice stadium, training to actually prepare for training camp!!! could this be the beginning of the end of yao's conditioning woes?! goodness gracious i hope so!!

some guy in the video running with yao looks like he's built like Ray freakin Lewis! not the fat guy next to yao (that would be spoon), not the guy next to spoon (that would be....gaines or ward maybe??), but the guy next to the guy next to spoon! who is that guy?

16. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what was said on Berman's report:

Yao was at Rice stadium running for 45 min in the heat. They showed him running stairs individually and running with a group of Rox including " Weatherspoon, Padgett, Boki, Lue, and others."

JVG is employing Falsone to make the Rox the best conditioned team in the NBA.

Yao said to Berman, "Today barbeque my feet (laughing). It's pretty warm here. It's tough going, heat (hot) here."

Falsone went twice to China this summer to work with Yao. Yao said, "Just look at me. I got more muscles, more stronger just like him (?Falsone). He just not help me, he help our whole national team." (They were showing Yao bench pressing dumbbells probably from last night's clip.)

Berman said, "Yao believes that he and McGrady can be one of the best 1-2 punches in the NBA." Yao said, "A lot of people talk about me and Tracy McGrady to be just like Shaq and Kobe last year. I don't know if we can be there, but I believe we can do something, show everybody what we can do."

Berman mentioned Rox working on a contract extension with McGrady.

Berman mentioned Rox picked up 2005 option on Yao's contract. "In fact Yao would like to retire a Rocket." Yao said, "Yea, I would like to stay here. I like Houston people. They be nice to me. A couple of years ago when I come here, I feel like Chinese people (person) playing in Texas. Now I feel like when I come here like Texas people I play here. When I come back to China I'm Chinese guy, I play for national team. That's the big difference."

Berman mentioned Yao's book written with Ric Buecher. He did the book to help people understand he would not be where he is today without the help of a lot of people.

Yao said, "My agent, Team Yao, my parents, my family, a lot of people, they don't think they help me. At some times they do something. They don't know but they really help me."

I think that was about everything that was said.

Houston Native

17. Rob English

Rob English Member

R2K, thanks a million! Just finished downloading and watching it. Great stuff! Yao's english has improved remarkedly in a short time. I cracked up when he made the barbecued feet comment, running under the hot sun. Also, thank you Houston Native for the extended summary.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

great cap R2K yao's english has really improved and he looks in great shape. man this next month cant go by fast enough

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

stupid question what is Yao's book called.....saw one in the store here in australia called Tao in Yao but it was released in June... anybody else read this........

R2K - what is this site you are talking about... please email me!!!!!

20. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

Gmail??
    could you tell me how to get it?
    I know its google's largest mail box, but I have no idea how to apply for it.
    :confused: