1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao in his prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josephduyho03, Jul 26, 2009.

?

Can Yao lead the 93-94 Rockets to a championship like Hakeem did?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No

416 vote(s)
    82.4%
  1. ThaBlackKnight

Damn, they did all that?? I didn't remember it that well (watched it A LONG TIME AGO, probably when it 1st came out).

Well, as far as him being on the cross, crucifiction was just a death penalty...many people went through that. Thats just Roman history.

But if Spike Lee was trying to compare Jesus Shuttleworth to Jesus Christ of Nazereth, the Son of God, the Saviour...then I have a BIG problem with it.

But even Jesus used parables to teach his lessons. We all go through temptations, and its on the free will of the man to decide how he will act upon those temptations. So I don't have a problem with the temptation analogy.

But the problem I had with your comment was that, you were comparing Hakeem Olajuwon to God, by saying he assed that ball to Max like "that dude" (I find that offensive personally), passed the commandments to Moses.

The sea of misery parted? What sea of misery? Were we persecuted by our religous beliefs, were we (Present day) enslaved? Did we and the ROckets follow God to win a championship??

The answer is NO to all of those questions...its an insult to compare our lack of winning A GAME...to the suffering of people in Egypt 4,000-5000 years ago by the Pharoh (whether you believe in religion or not, that happened).

The righteous fans walked through the summit?? You mean, the people who may have put the Rockets before their own family, or their own religion?? Or the drunk ones that yell nasty things to opposing players (not all, some)...those are the righteous fans you talking about?

Original quote:

"Hakeem passed him the ball like that dude gave Moses those commandments
    The sea of misery parted
    and the righteous Rocket fans walked to the Summit"

-Tinman

I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything, but I refuse to mix religios events and figures and A GAME, such as basketball.

Thats all, I know you meant well, and I won't hold this against you or anything (not that type of person), but I'm just stating what I believe, thats all.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude if you saw "HE GOT GAME" and you DIDN'T SEE the JESUS (the main character's name is JESUS!!" comparison, then I doubt you saw that movie.

look I saw Star Trek 3 along time ago, but I still remember Kirk blew up the Enterprise!

I find nothing wrong with what I said, it's not offensive to any person of religion or atheists on this board.

3. ThaBlackKnight

I probably only saw a part of it...I was 10 years old maybe...sorry I don't remember every detail of every movie I watch.

Look, if you feel that way, then thats fine...I'm just telling you how I felt. Its a free country...

Just know that I don't like the God I believe to be referred to as "That dude" and I don't like comparisions between the religion I believe in and the events that are associated with that religion to be associated with a game or sport.

Thats my belief, thats it. All I'm asking for is a little bit of respect towards other people's relgions. Thats all.

I'm sure the Hakeem Olajuwon would've been offended by that statement, since he studies the Koran daily.

If he said he was offended by it, I'm sure you would be on your knees asking him for forgiveness...

4. tinman

Supporting Member

No Iman or Pastor or Rabbi has emailed me that he was offended that I called Hakeem ---"that dude"

The Devil has not emailed me and said he was offended that I call his place "the Delta Center" either.

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

See the sig below....

6. ThaBlackKnight

Oh, but you didn't call Hakeem "that dude", you were referring to God, as that dude who passed the commandments to Moses.

"Hakeem passed him the ball like that dude gave Moses those commandments

Don't try and change your quote...just admit that you could've offended people who are Christians, Muslims, or Jewish who believe in God and the Old Testament of the Bible.

Just try and be more careful next time.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm still waiting for God to tell me that he can pass better than Hakeem.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Don't worry we're all confused like David Robinson in 95.

Nobody else is finding my statement offensive.

9. ThaBlackKnight

Dude, please stop it man, its really disrespectful. Its not cool to disrespect a religion like that...whether your standards are lower or not, just realize that many billions of people out there believe in God.

I don't find this funny at all...

And besides, I can name NBA big men that could pass better than Dream...Shaq, Sabonis, Divac, Webber, Walton, Wilt,...shall I go on??

10. tinman

Supporting Member

My analogy is not disrespectful as God is my witness.

11. ThaBlackKnight

Aite man go bow down to a man who knowingly gave a woman herpes, who did cocaine before games, who doesn't know how to support a child, and goes into the stands to punch an idiot fan.

Keep living in the past...1994 was 15 years ago...you might need some therapy man to help you live in the present. Those were great times, but Tinman...ITS 2009!! Hakeem and Max aint ever coming back to play ball for the Rocekts again.

Keep living in the glory years through a computer screen trying to "teach kids" about Clutch City...

I asked you nicely not to insult a religion, but you didn't. I asked you nicely to take back your statements or admit to being wrong in the attitude of your statement, but you didn't...

Thats just immature and closed minded on your part. I asked you nicely man.

Its like, you can't ever admit that your wrong...no matter how much **** comes out of your mouth.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

RedRedemption
    is Christian.

In this universe of Clutchfans, its up to Clutch or the mods to deem what is offensive or not.

Apparently nobody is finding it offensive because I'm using the analogy as a compliment.

You are talking about yourself, you said you saw "He Got Game" which the main character is "JESUS" not pronounced "Hey Sus" and in that movie there are tons of religious analogies including a cruxification image on Sports Illustrated.
    then you claim you 'don't remember' it. Sorry I don't buy that. you were '10 years old?'. It's an R-rated movie with lots of sex and cursing and violence.

I guess your parents were cool. I'm assuming.

#212 tinman, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

blackknight v. tinman

[​IMG]

14. ThaBlackKnight

I really don't remember the movie that well...I remember him as a kid playing against his Dad, and his Dad not giving him anything easy, and I remember him visiting his Dad at prison or something like that...

I honestly don't remember it. I watched parts of the movie and I was 10...I wasn't exactly supposed to be watching that movie at my house with my folks around.

I already said, if they were trying to portray him as Jesus Christ, then that was just wrong as well...since he was a basketball player.

Ya, he's ONE Christian. his beliefs may or may not be as strong as other Christians out there.

Okay, it is Clutchfans, so I'll go ahead and report it. If they don't say anything, then fine. I can't do anything, but I don't have to change my opinion about your disrespect.

And please, stop treating Clutch, Dream, and Max like a god...you must really do well in the business world, cuz you know how to kiss people's something REALLY well.

Oh ya, maybe you should go to a hispanic church...they pronounce Jesus as "heysus"...its a different language man, SAME EXACT NAME. Expand your mind and brains a little bit before you make yourself sound like an idiot.

even in my language in India, Jesus isn't pronounced Jesus...its pronunced "yeyshu".

15. ThaBlackKnight

My parents didn't really care about the cursing or violence, but the sex scenes, of course they wouldnt let me watch taht.

I was flippin back and forth when necessary...it was on some movie channel on TV i think.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

t_mac1,
    you could ask BlackKnight if he saw the Billy Jean Video and post the Thriller video and he'll say "Yeah I remember that!"
    :rolleyes:

then he'll tell you couldn't remember that cause he was zero years old when it came out he gets Thriller and Billie Jean mixed up.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry I assumed when you said you saw that movie, I came under the impression that "you knew what it was about".

And what religious beliefs you have, it doesn't change that this is Clutch's board and it's his rules.

Believe me making a silly analogy of Dream passing the ball like 'that guy' passed down the 10 commandments is not going to offend people...

only the people who have no sense of humor.

I'm guess you don't know about the Sam Houston Coliseum.. (quickly goes to google..)

18. ThaBlackKnight

I saw those videos for the 1st time this decade. I know Billie Jean is where he's on a steet where the squares light up when he steps on it and disappears when that detective or whatever tries to take a picture of him.

Thriller is a short film which starts out as a movie MJ and his gf are watching, and the guy turns into a werewolf, but the girl gets scared so they leave.

As they're walking and singing, they run into zombies, and it turns out MJ is a zombie himself and they put on some amazing choreography for awhile and the rest of the song goes until the girl gets to an old broken down house, and then she wakes up to MJ telling her it was a dream.

Don't put words into my mouth man...I told you, I couldn't watch the whole thing with my parents in the house, and I was 10, so I don't exactly remember the movie scene by scene...I have a life.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

You just insulted everyone who watched "HE GOT GAME" on HBO or CINEMAX.

Why don't you APOLOGIZE TO THEM. They have lives too!

What's wrong with movie watching? It takes alot of people to make a movie.

actors
    writers
    marketing
    stunt doubles

And what about the poor people working at the movie theaters or the cable repair person.

Stop INSULTING EVERYONE WHO LIKES MOVIES!!!! :rolleyes:

20. ThaBlackKnight

Only reason I watched it was because it was about basketball...and my beliefs have changed in the last 10 years as well.

You may not think it offends people, but it offended me, and I have a great sense of humor...religion is just one thing I don't make a joke out of or an analogy to basketball or any sport or entertainment.