1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: "I think that's my worst game in my three years."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wireonfire, Feb 5, 2008.

1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Jefferson hit plenty of those himself.

He had 33 points and 16 rebounds, prompting this self-deprecating remark from Yao: "I think that's my worst game in my three years."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008020416

Hopefully Yao will redeem himself in the next game against the Cavs, which is the toughest of the four before the break.

2. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

whatever. but Yao has no excuse in next game after 2 days rest.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he wasn't "that" bad. i think the 3 days rest will give the team a lot of time to go over some kinks and yao will be able to refocus and know the importance of this stretch. he'll come up huge v. the cavs.

4. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Yao exaggerates sometimes. How many times has he said "That's my worst game in years?" this season? I can count more than three.

5. allforone

allforone Member

i thought it was the bucks game, when he was playing bogut...

anyway, we should really run defensive plays against those SHOOTING PFs....boozer,okur,al alike

6. landoo

landoo Member

Yao tries his best each game for the defense....

but what about Tmac? :eek:

7. dedong22

dedong22 Member

i think he said similar stuff several games ago

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

reminds me of that stephon marbury interview

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vwa7L3n3nxQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vwa7L3n3nxQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. dewster

dewster Member

Yea i think im gonna have to agree with yao on that one. Hopefully he will dominate against the cavaliers after two days of rest.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

T-Mac won us the game.....AGAIN.

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

He's playing similarly to that eastern conference road trip where he said something similar, after the Philadelphia game. Like that time, he is again being used too much as a decoy. He needs to be assertive and the team also needs to be smarter in not settling in being content in using him as a decoy. They need to establish better habits.

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

He said the Raptors game was the worst this team had played. He didn't mean his own play.

13. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

He was pretty terrible. The ball just popped loose everytime he touched it. Bit on every pumpfake Jefferson threw at him. Couldn't contain the Telfair/Jefferson pick and roll (why did we not go under every screen by the way?). When he went out of the game in the fourth, we went on a run. When he came back, the Wolves went on a run.

Games like this show how much the newer rules hinder a post-up big man. The opponent can get away with guarding Yao with Jefferson or Doleac because they just front/back him. Then Yao has to guard a 4 that can't miss from midrange on the other end. Thankfully Landry made them pay a few times for that defense.

Overrall it was painful game to watch with all the miscues by everyone. But the W counts anyway.

14. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

He got all of his stats in January. He can slow down a little now.

15. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Tries his best, how do you define trying?? Making angry faces? Forget the points he gave up (that happens) but how about Yao getting only 5 rebounds and Al getting 16 rebounds? I wouldn't consider that as trying his best on defense.

Why do you YOFs have to attack TMac in every post even when he played great? I read all the posts above you and no one is really blaming Yao that badly. but anyways die hard Rockets fans will blame both TMac and Yao if they had a bad game, they are the superstars after all but to blame TMac everytime for something like this is ridiculous

16. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Doesn't matter what his stats are as long as the team wins, right? :D

17. moo

moo Member

Well that was his worse game up till that point and this one was worse than the last one so it makes sense! :D

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That article quoted Adelman as saying SF "isn't close to being able to play".

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why do coaches insist Yao guards the Al Jefferson, Carlos Boozer of the worlds.

Not that I don't think Yao does a fair enough job guarding them, for the most part. But it's like putting Tracy on Kobe. Sure, at the end of quarters, halfs, certainly for more time in the 4th, if necessary. But not for the whole game.

20. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Yao looks like he is playing tired to me. Slow reaction to balls, getting his shot off a times, dropped passes. His minutes are high and Adelman needs to consider dropping his minutes back some now that Tracy is back.