1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: I tell them every day; Coach: Brooks went thru 3/4; Martin:Others get to dribble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know if he is ready from the ankle injury. But I do think that they need to lift the 24 minutes limit once he is ready to play. The artificial limit is not doing anybody any good. They can ask the coach to keep down Yao's overall minutes. But a hard 24-minute cap is just not right.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He looked pretty damn decent in his 5 games

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Agree. Moreover, there is nothing medical about the magic number 24 minutes. RA should be able to decide, based on Yao's condition, how long to leave Yao in the game. Although RA in the past played Yao extensively even to Yao's disliking, management cannot impose a non-medical related ban on the head coach. It makes RA look bad b/c allocating PT is coach's decision, while a player is fit to play is medical staff's. I think more than anything else, RA is pissed with the ban. Chemistry is just an excuse, but probably somewhat related to the ban.

4. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

Or he's simply speaking the truth. Having watched Evans play all his NBA games, all he does is dribble. The idea of ball movement dies when the ball gets into Evans hands.

And that offense has no other plan. Hand the ball to a player and see if they can dribble into a play.

The only good thing on the Kings now is their centers (Cousins and Dalembert) are playing better defense on occasion.

5. HoustonRockets

let the man play!

6. platy

platy Member

I like his attitude too, shows me he wants to help the team.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

So saying Amare> Yao means i have an agenda?. You YOF's think everyone is like you'selves. Just because you have a history of bashing McGrady, Brooks and anyone to propup Yao, not everyone is like you folks. The classic how Sura is racist for not looking for Yao is still classic example.

8. Raven

Raven Member

How can Les and Morey decide which type of trades to make when they have no idea if Yao can stay healthy when he comes back? It's weird, very weird.

9. sew

sew Member

yof?

i've been on the 'trade yao,' wagon for a while now.

You are overly critical of yao (i've seen your trollish posts regarding him)

and you suck on tmacs teet

just my observation.

1 person likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao has come back before and hasn't stayed healthy. Is there evidence that this time will be different?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, his broken left foot.

Something he has had problems with for the last 3 years.

DD

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His broken left foot is evidence that he will come back and actually stay healthy this time?

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

My question is how do the doctors determine when the muscle in his is strong enough. Is there a strength test for that ankle? You know Yao has done everything in the weight room that wa asked of him, so why no timetable to give us a rough idea of when it will be up to speed.

I guess maybe we're better off this way then hearing every week that he might be back only to have it pushed back again and again.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Crap I totally misread your post, my sincere apologies.

DD

15. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I think maybe at the first of the year they will put Yao in to see if he sinks or swims if he gets injured again that will be the end of the Yao ere, If he does okay maybe he will last to make it through the playoffs ( :rolleyes: ).

Then the Rockets will have to make a very hard decision to keep or discard him.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They are saving Yao for his next injury. ;)

1 person likes this.
  17. changwiz

changwiz Member

If there's a hope that things might go differently this time, it's his broken left foot that caused most of him injuries in past years, finally underwent a bone realignment surgery that's supposed to solve him left foot issue once forever

18. Asian Sensation

Uhhh ya... About that.

19. gah

gah Member

His new injury makes it more similar to the McGrady situation, with Yao saying he feels he can play and look what happens now :(

I am sad for the big man, the basketball gods owe him and us big time.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yao was so wrong about being ready. He should have gotten a 2nd opinion before running around and practicing.