1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: I tell them every day; Coach: Brooks went thru 3/4; Martin:Others get to dribble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2010.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

yao needs to stfu.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wow...

Yao is becoming Tracy from last year.

This will be interesting.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I enjoy Yao's comments. It shows he wants to play. As oppose to you on the other hand, who I can only wish you stfu.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Look at this situation from Yao's perspective.

It is his contract year. He's had big injuries each of the last 5 seasons. Teams think he is done so nobody will probably want to pay him big money, or give him a big role.

Yao wants to prove he can play, he can stay healthly and productive. Just like Tracy wanted last year. The thing is, I belive Yao is much healthlier that Tracy was last year so that makes him even more frustrated.

He wants to play, he wants to show he CAN play.

At the end of the day it is all about money, right?

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yao is not interested about money, his game and body might have vanished, but i dont think he is an money agenda driven individual. He just wants to play because he loves the game and it's his profession

7. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

He is much larger though. But this year his numbers are pretty bad for someone who was so hyped last year. His eff/48m is shocking, there are at least 15 players better than him. He is your prototypical high usage - average efficiency player. It is very possible that SAC plays better without him.

I'm not sold on Jennings either, but they should've traded Evans last year when I guess every second GM would've pulled the trigger for him. Now - idk. His value is much lower I guess.

8. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

It's obvious that you don't know but he's been playing with an ankle injury the whole time.

9. Shanghai Shake

Rick Adelman will not be held hostage by a player who says he is "ready to play" because there's only one thing to confirm that he is actually ready: Playing the game! But, if the player is just anxious and selling wolf-tickets,by then, it too late! Remember Tracy in toronto!! An injured star player is the worst to have on the court.

10. gah

gah Member

I really don't buy that their approach is based on chemistry, chemistry is a secondary thing in this issue. As has been said, what they are doing is simply what is best for Yao's health, they are afraid he might re-injure, and that's the primary concern and cause for him not playing.

I base this on the way they handled T-Mac's situation in 2008. They understood that only by playing he would get into game-shape as there was no further risk. In Yao's case they say that his ankle is still weak (and I take it their concern is that he might re-injure) hence Yao not being cleared to play.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The Rockets were right not to 0play TMAC and even McGrady admited that he wished he had not played at all last season with the Knicks. Once you have a MF surgery the best dose of medecine is constent rest for atleast 24 months. The Rockets were in the right in that case. Also the same applies here.I think they KNOW Yao's body cant handel the big minutes anymore so they are trying to sortout the rotations for when/if he returns. .I dont expect Yao to be anything more then a 15 to maybe 20 minutes player from here on.

They are not going to bring him back to see him go down again which will disrupt everyonelses roles on the rotation.

12. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

ROTFL @ "There is nothing average about my fandom..."

I was wondering where you were going to go when he referred to you as an "average" fan. LOL.

13. sew

sew Member

He also has a good record of sucking T-mac's teet.

Agenda? I'm guessing so.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Hmm they did the same to Tracy last year.. They're doing it to Yao this year..

Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

15. Sanity2disChaos

Hey I wouldnt mind if the ROX tried to pick up F.Garcia from the kings at the SF spot. He is a very underated player and has a nice game and size(PLAYS DEFENSE TOO).I would trade bud for him straight up or if they really want Brooks it would be.....

Brooks/Bud.... FOR ...Landry/F.Garcia

I think he could start for us but seems to be in a personel jam in Sac town.But lets watch him tonight to proove me right!! ;)

............IT IS WRITTEN.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I thought I would have a little fun with it....I think we are all equal in fandom...you can't judge someone's fanhood by your own criteria, that is stupid.

But, I figured it would be funny to play it up a bit.

DD

17. gah

gah Member

Cisco got heart, but he isn't that much of an upgrade over Budinger (the non-struggling one) you gotta say no to that proposition you made especially after seeing hi costs roughly 4+ millions.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

are you saying you liked it when t-mac expressed his desire to play last year? i did but everyone hated t-mac for it.

i like how yao gets a free pass but t-mac doesn't.

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Rest Yao for another montnh for good measures. Don't want a 90% Yao out there.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

How can you say Yao is healthier than Tracy was last year? Besides management leaving the fans in the dark, Yao has just returned from major, major foot reconstruction, lasted all of only 7 games, just to be reshelved again. Right now, we know next to nothing about what is going on; that's if you believe what the organization is telling the media. I don't.