1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: I tell them every day; Coach: Brooks went thru 3/4; Martin:Others get to dribble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2010.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Yao should just suit up in his game uniform tomorrow night and walk into Adelman's office to have a discussion, then say he just wanted to know how it felt like to be in uniform for a change.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing really new or not already said or posted but...

http://www.foxsportshouston.com/12/...efuse/landing.html?blockID=372332&feedID=3714

http://www.foxsportshouston.com/12/...ckets/landing.html?blockID=372433&feedID=3714 (Can read more on Patterson being called up in this article)

3. rju1986

rju1986 Member

The team is just being precautious with Yao and Brooks, besides we're also playing well enough w/o them- there's no need to rush things just yet. I like the tone Kevin Martin is preaching, I really do. But let's just not call it another game- another team.. Let's play every team like we are playing the Lakers, how about that.

We play well against good teams, and moreover have chances to win. When it comes to playing sub .500 teams is when we lose our composure (i.e. Celtics @Cavs) It's about that time we get some consistency going..

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

RA will probably tell him nice change, but you gotta convince the management that you can play without limit or you are not ready.

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

what's wrong with going with the flow (leaving the decision up to the coaches and trainers) and getting paid to do what you're told? a "no comment" is much better than declaring a detroit game his return game when it really isn't. sure he's frustrated with not being on the court, but haven't we gone through this predicament before?

6. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Free Yao!
    Let's see what he's got in a game situation.

Whatever, at this point.
    I don't believe anything the Rockets organization tries to feed me.

What a downer of a season it's been.
    Hopefully, we can at least get the 8th.

7. RX2012

RX2012 Member

I love how kevin martin is making the rockets aware that just becuz tyreke evans is out doesn't mean that we should take it easy on them because they may try to step it in other areas.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is almost a guarantee that Yao will pressure his way back to playing.

9. Prince

Prince Member

They better start playing Yao and AB if there are ready. Our current rotation is not going to get us past first round or even playoffs.

It's Yao or never.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

T-Mac eventually got surgery.... Completely different story.

This story seems to me that the doctors want to be very careful with Yao. I think you are reading too much in between the lines. I don't think it is anything more than the fact that they want Yao to be 100 percent, which includes the muscle around his ankle.

Yao says he's just okay.

11. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Rockets are tanking.

Yao and AB are safe.

12. anchel

anchel Member

Different situation. Tracy was cleared for the doctors, Adelman didn't want to play him. Coach decision.

This time is about the docs, Adelman has said several times how much Yao could help them. And he's talking like he counts with him.

Stop manipulating things. And be a little more humble, you have no medical information / medical knowledge. Players always want to play.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Neither Yao nor McGrady are ideal fits in Adelman's system. Perhaps he thinks the team is better off committing one way or the other.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe the holdout order comes from les....both players are up for new contracts..

15. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

agree

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

see. this is the exact same situation with tracy. they are doing the EXACT same thing. by the time we know, yao would be back playing 6 games, (frustrated) every game about 20 minutes. then he gets shipped out for some other players. yao comes back and play, gets boo'ed for screwing us up (somehow)

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's too bad. We would be well on the way to success with you at the helm. ;)

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If Yao says so, why shouldn't we believe it?? lol

I think he's ready

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If Yao goes away, will you too? GARM and CF can definitely do with one less T-Mac fan. :rolleyes:

20. Raven

Raven Member

Yes, let's closely follow any developments concerning two of our most valuable assets.

What a terrific idea!

:grin: