1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao hitting the rookie wall now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jamalccc, Dec 30, 2002.

1. sun12

sun12 Member

The logic does not flow. What you are saying is that for the games that he got all these double-doubles, he tried very hard, now he does not? It does not make sense.

This is the adjustment period, teams are adjusting their plays, being physical with him. The fact that our PF position is quite weak does not help either.

Isn't it a conincidence that Yao's points and rebounds are down after KT was traded? I do not think so. We lost three in a row after KT was traded. Since Posey did not really play much for the 3 games. You can say that Rox played last 3 games without KT and without Posey.

2. feishen

feishen Member

You have to understand Ming. He is not Astoudmire(spell?). He is a guy who believes that let the game come to you, instead of forcing it. My observation from recent games is that Ming is a little bit passive on both ends. There seems to be a pattern in those games, that is Rox would go to Ming early in the game, make him ISO. Most teams already start double teaming him, so it is not easy for him keep up high percentage shooting anymore. Then, SF or Mobley tends to take it over, forcing bad shots, Rice will miss several shots. Now Ming is completely out of game, he doesnt want to force it neither. I think Rox needs to be more determined to revolve around Ming. Like Calivin Murph said " I dont care how many he misses, I'll still stat through the big fellow." Without Ming's invovlement, Rox is just premeirter shooting team worse than Knicks. If Rudy dont hand it out to Ming, he wont force it. He is a guy that needs to be established, instead of establishing himeself.

3. YaoROY

YaoROY Member

This make sense. Obviously he tried harder when he's playing against teams with good centers or when the game is on National TV or when his opponents insulted him before. I am not blaming him for that just want to keep the facts straight. He's my favorite player of the Rox now but I won't be easy on him because of that.

Of course I expect inconsistency from a rookie like him. But he got to give me more rebounds, especially on the defensive end, so that I could give him the benefit of the doubt.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yao is not a stat player. He often boxes out 2 or 3 guys with his long arms to let one our gaurds grab the rebound. Other times he just gets knocked down or boxed out. He looks a little tired also.