1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao has surgery, out "several weeks"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by booshan, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

anybod else finding it unusual that the Rockets are not trying to find a player
    through the CBA, minor league team, or free agency to fill Yao's roster spot?

historically if a player goes down for a long period of time right away they're trying to find a player for the long haul to replace the injured player.

each morning i'm skimming through the chronicle expecting to hear that they're going to work out this dude or that dude or thinking about signing someone, but there's nothing.

i mean you absolutely have to look somewhere for help to fill his roster spot since he's out for such a long period of time, unless there is a trade in the works somewhere down the line

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

with no more injured list, to find an extra player means cutting someone. To cut someone means cutting someone active.

Unless the NBA steps up and offers us an exception, look no more in to this than what it is.

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Well damn thats no good. Getting rid of the injured list for the inactive list actually hurts the Rockets. I didn't know that.

4. user

user Member

Deke will be back in 2 games. Therefore, only one down at the frontline. Alston and Barry will be back soon. So it's not as bad as it looks like. Maybe in one week, only Sura and Yao will sit.

T-Mac will get his supporting cast back soon, except Yao.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Getting rid of the injured list doesn't do anything. Before, they had 12 guys on the active roster and up to 3 guys on the injured list. Now it's 12 guys on the active roster and up to 3 guys on the inactive list. It doesn't change anything. Since we're already at the roster limit, we'd still have to cut a guy to add somebody.

6. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

Deke is a vary decent and better back-up for Yao, than any back-up for T-Mac.

7. terse

terse Member

Thanks, rm, that really answers my questions. I love this BBS!

8. double d

double d Contributing Member

Didn't Mario Elie lose one of his toes to something similar?