1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao has surgery, out "several weeks"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by booshan, Dec 19, 2005.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Shiat, I was really thinking 2 weeks. But Van Gundy is no doctor. 7 weeks is a lot of basketball.

2. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

Just saw on Fox that they said 6-8 weeks also. Damn that is a LONG time. Well, whatever it takes to get him fully healthy. Also, they interviewed moochie about what injury to yao and he said he'll play center if he has to. let's not hope it comes down to that. :)

Anyways, here's a chance to atleast give shawn kemp a try out.

3. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

I'm debating whether this will mean a more tired Yao in the playoffs, or a more rested, staminized Yao against the Clippers (or Suns).

Someone also needs to steal Yao's computer so he doesn't sit and play too much CounterStrike during his rehab.

Get well, young man. I hope you make the most of the time off.

4. Panda

Panda Member

This is very serious stuff. Best wish to Yao.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

hopefully they will have him lifting weights and working on his free throws and spot up shooting.

6. rvpals

rvpals Member

I can't take this anymore. Now Yao is down, no Yao for 8 weeks?

Get well soon, Yao.

I think a lot of us take Yao for granted, now that's he's out I felt the team is missing a huge presence.

7. fanping

fanping Contributing Member

It is Danny Fortson who stepped on Yao's toe again, agian and again, report by Ric Bucher in NBA coast to coast on ESPN.
    Wish they could invent something in shoes like air bag to protect toes. I am sure Shaq needs one

8. mag

mag Contributing Member

I just heard on ESPN that Yao is having a second operation tomorrow. Can anybody confirm that?

9. fanping

fanping Contributing Member

that is correct

10. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I found his foot

[​IMG]

And here's his foot again post surgury

[​IMG]

Nice huh?

:D

theSAGEMD

11. dischead

dischead Member

If the Rockets make the playoffs!

12. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

hmm... based on this theory, there are at lease 60,000 people visit this bbs , for 3 people in this post had announced they got this disease .

nice data huh ?

13. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

sorry , wrong ...
    should be 15,000
    my blame ...

14. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

You realize you can edit your previous posts to fix embarassing math errors and the like, right?

15. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

[laughs posterior off] Score! :cool:

16. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Sorry, wrong again. This sample is biased, many of who play sports. That's not your average sample.

17. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I had Osteomylitis in my big toe too when I was 14 (1987-1988). 6 weeks of IV antibiotics is standard, but I don't remember how long before I was physically active again. BUT I was *VERY* active during this time.

I remember in one instance having the heporin lock ripped out while horsing around and another instance where I came straight from playing baseball outside into take my dose.

He can be active during his antibiotic treatment, but will he be 100%?

I remember how I got it too. I used to skateboard for hours & hours on end in leather shoes w/NO SOCKS. My feet were HORRID. I wasn't allowed in the house until I washed them.

So, one day, I was running in the house & stubbed my toe on the carpet. It began bleeding pretty good & was likely broken, but didn't hurt that bad because I was still skating . . . barefoot in stinky leather shoes. It wasn't until a week or so later I was walking up the stairs & stubbed my toe on the step. The next day my toe was on fire & was red & sensitive to the touch.

I'm guessing that's what happened to Yao. He did something to aggravate the injury & that started the infection & his toe hurt so much he couldn't play the Lakers. Just a guess . . .

18. akuma

akuma Member

someone get Yao a pair of reinforced steel-toed sneakers.

19. SunsRocketsfan

i am serious and stop calling me surely..

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

good. now yao can get back to his normal job at mcdonalds serving soft serve ice cream.