1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao has fooled everyone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by danjojo, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danjojo

danjojo Member

If you don't remember Yao hitting his rookie wall, then you aren't much of a Rocket fan.

As to the tragedies in my miserable life, it's basically the Rockets pitiful play and your presence here. Other then that, i'm fine, thanks for asking though.

2. eyeagainst

eyeagainst Contributing Member

Calm down. If your trying to compare Yao already with Duncan,Shaq,Garnett and all those other allstars then of course your going to be dissapointed with his performance. THis is his 2nd season in the NBA. All of those Allstars have been playing for over 5 years. Give him sometime...let him play his game he'll get back into it. ALthough im dissapointed with their performance right now, im still not going to give up on them cause we still have 59 more games this season. I do think JVG needs to put MoTaylor in the starting lineup.

3. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I agree, MoT would have hit a few of those Cato 15 footers and that might have opened it up more for Yao.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm serious. I said Francis finally started hitting them. Thus he was cold at the beginning and then got hot. If you watched the game you would have seen that is what happened.

5. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

You said it right on the money. The offense is design to run through him and he can't even deliver. Please trade him Now!! I say this because he will never live up to the hype.

6. feishen

feishen Member

Hey, I got it. You were messing around with these frustrated people. :)

7. feishen

feishen Member

Yao actually tries to get position at the very early of each poession. However our guards are always very slow to get rid of the ball, waiting for offense to set a little bit more. Now Yao should still be able to post up even that. But I will say his inexperience, lack of fire... contributes to his inablity to be a force in the paint. But I think that is an adjustment he needs to make, he needs to figure out. To call that he will never figure out as the thread starting thread is pure reflection of frustration. Imagine, we people just watching the thing gets so frustrated, how about the player who is actually doing it. By the way, we lost to 2 very good team, 2 was at their homes, 1 as very close at our home.

8. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

I have seen enough of Rox's games and Yao to see that he did not fool anyone. He effect both sides of the court and is the best player on the team. You can not ever going to change my mind and fool me. Your point is invalid.

9. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

It's not yao or are guards...It's JVG's offensive system. I remember someone saying to me that JVG is a defensive genius but he lack effective offensive sets and I hope he was wrong because I knew the rockets had more talent than JVG's knicks but now I see it's JVG's poor offensive sets. If I were JVG I'll be preaching and practicing the fast break at all times.

10. Moe

Moe Member

Rockets have probably the worst personnel in the league for running the break, yet they should be fast breaking all the time. Play to your weaknesses.

Brilliant!

11. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

I have some questions about Yao:

Does he love basketball?

Does he eager to be great?

Will he put more time in training to be great?

I'll wait for a few more games.

12. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Either that or throw it to the 7'6 guy who's always pushed out to the free throw line and let him shoot fadeaways. Pick your poison

13. ckfol

ckfol Member

Yao is not hitting the rookie wall, more like early fatigue syndrome. That's when you play 200+games in 2 years without a break. He will come back when he catches his wind.

14. snowmt01

snowmt01 Member

yao is not fooling you, but you are fooling yourself by believing he will
    be a Monster like Hakeem or Shaq so soon. He needs help and under
    the right system he may give you a MVP-like number and championship
    hope.

15. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

Yao hasnt done anything other than doing what he knows how to do, which is play basketball. The media and scouts are the ones who assumed he would come intot he league and make an impact straight away. Every knows he is a work in progress and is years away from peaking.

16. Donatello

Donatello Member

Don't get fooled by SF. He's been in the league for 5 years. He has never reached the playoffs. He can't lead. He will never lead a team. SF hasn't done anything other than doing what he knows how to do, play the guard. Oh, wait, he can't even distribute the ball. SF consistently blows 3-1 fast breaks. Everyone wanted SF to be a price-winning point guard. Don't be fooled. He will never be.

Danjojo, get your logic straight.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

Danjojo, I admire your ability to only reply to only parts of a certain post.

Btw, I dont remember being here for too long, so I guess I must have a huge influence on you that, in such short period of time, you have blamed all your failures on my "presence".

18. danjojo

danjojo Member

Oh, so the guards are slow? I think Yao is slow. They're always waiting for him.

We lost to good teams, but i have never ever seen the Rockets play this poorly. I've been watching "regularly" since the early 90's. And there are too many good teams for it to be an excuse...

19. feishen

feishen Member

Yao is slow in certain things, but when he has the position, pass the damn ball without any hesitation.

Rockets played poorly last season too. Do you remember the strech we played utah, portland, and some other teams, we got sub 70 points in a row.

You are right, we need to beat elite in order to be elite. But we are at least beating srub teams that we are supposed to beat. What's the expectation here? We got slaughted by Spurs last year in 3 games, and slaughtered by Dallas all 4 games, split with Minn. Split with Sac, got beat at theit home pretty badly too. So this is not like new.

20. lalala902102001

Yao did fool someone. He fooled the Rockets management into believing that he can be a true franchise player, just like what Francis did. This team will be doomed the day we sign Yao to a maximum contract extension. Neither Yao nor Steve deserves that maximum contract. Both of them are solid borderline all-star players who will never be superstars. And the Rockets will be locked up in salary cap for years by giving these two max contracts.

Fire CD now!! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.