1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao had "highest point total by an opposing center against the Pacers..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rob English, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Rob English

Rob English Member

Yao Ming scored 32 points to lead the Rockets to a 86-76 victory over the Pacers. It was the highest point total by an opposing center against the Pacers since the last time that Yao faced them -- on March 8, 2006 -- when he poured in 38 points.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?id=2806475&sport=nba&ft=ss

2. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

jermaine o'neal can DDDD upp; plus how many centers put up points like that anymore. Dwight and Amare every once in a while....a looooong while.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

still a sloppy game by Yao...lost the ball too many times...one of these days probably in the playoffs it's gonna be a tight game near the end of it we throw it into Yao and a guard swipes at the ball and Yao loses it...resulting in us losing the game...I can see it that happening, apparently Stevie has rubbed off his bad stuff to Yao. :(

4. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Overreacting much?

5. inler

inler Contributing Member

ha i was at that last pacer's game. it was the one when we were down by 17 or so near the end of the game and game back to win it. The crowd was very into the game, i think it was the best crowd of last season.

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Guess the big fella learned his lesson.

The link

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

no, just frustrated with butterfingers ming...that's all

8. James23

James23 Member

i agree with v3.0. had he not letting foster pushing him far away from the basket and he was missing those easy put backs, he would have scored 40 points. since his comeback, yao has reverted back to the old not-aggressive yao. the rockets offense has also gone away from him.

why can't he just stay within 5 feet of the basket and ONLY post when the passer is ready to give him the ball and he's ready to catch it? if he isn't post up, the defender can't push him from behind.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd be able to stomach the butterfingers if he would agree to start finishing those layups after he gets fouled. If one more of those rims out I might go crazy... :)

10. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Eh? Are you serious? 32 points 14 rebounds and still not good enough? Oh, forget about 6 TOs. :rolleyes:

11. James23

James23 Member

it's ok because he makes his free throws. however, it's painful to see guys like foster pushing him far away from the basket and he is helping them out by shooting fadeaway. yao, please push your defenders. catch the ball within 5 feet of the basket and put up immediately. you are unstoppable.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

dude he missed 3 months of basketball and just took his freaking brace off for the first time. it's amazing he's this good so quickly.

his aggression will return as he gets in better shape and gets more comfortable with the speed of the game. his mentality didn't change, there's no question in my mind he wants to dominate.

13. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Exactly, give the guy a break, please .... :eek: :eek:

14. jlwee

jlwee Member

Exactly, the team won a hard fought game and yet some "haters" still try to find faults on certain player is just beyond me!

Why not fault T-mac for shooting 7/21? If he shot 50% we will blow the pacers up!
    Why not fault Head and Rafer for shooting miserably??

Yes, yao struggles with the ball in the first half but he actually have 1TO in the second half when the rockets finally pull away! If yao push too hard, he wil call for offensive foul, another TO! Is a lose-lose situation for yao.

Not trying to find excuse for yao but all big men have turnovers problem. Let face it, is always easier to have the strip away with smaller players run around or double/triples teaming you!

Of cos I believe yao can do better to improve his TOs. 3 TO per game I can live with it!

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

Yao could've scored 40+ if he had finished those layups after he was fouled.

16. Laozi

Laozi Member

Yeah, Yao had about three more turnovers then whats really acceptable, but I have to say its been almost a year since I've been genuinely concerned about Yao's play. When the rest of the team plays as poorly as they did tonight Yao will probaly get a few more turnovers then usual since defenders are not to apt to stay with their men.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

LOL v3.0. Is DaDakota controlling your mind right now?

18. Northside Moss

Yeah, he's not "duminant", but if 32 pts, 14 rbds ain't dominant...

19. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Must also look at the type of fouls being committed on Yao. Alot of them were pretty rough fouls. Hard to score if you are being pushed hard or if you hand is being swiped away.

20. maitredebwx

maitredebwx Member

Exactly. That's one of the keys we found to win this tough game. Yao is smart to learn from his mistake.