1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao getting mugged game by game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 20, 2004.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I watched the tape of the GS game again today, and I can not believe what the Refs let Dampire and Murphy do to Yao on the block.

They not only had 2 hands on him (which is a foul), but they pushed him with both hands on numerous occasions.

Yao was fouled almost every single time he shot, in ways in which it effected his balance.

I wonder if Yao is getting Shaq like treatment because he is so big?

Also, notice that Yao has problems with big slow centers like Dampier, they are too slow to react to his fakes so they just stand there, dream had the same problems with Mutombo.

JVG needs to help Yao out against players like this and get Yao moving and setting picks and rolling from the top of the circle to get him some easy looks.

I just wish that JVG would be pointing out the 2 hands thing to the refs, but I never see him do it.

Ah well....

DD

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What Dampier got away with yesterday was amazing. The guys on ESPN even said it was appaling. They showed many clips over and over of Dampier shoving Yao in the back to knock him off balance as he caught a pass.

Well, Yao is too tall to get the calls. That is how the refs see it.

#2 Uprising, Mar 20, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  3. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

one thing i've noticed is if a player makes illegal contact consistenly, the refs will never call it because they don't want to call a foul every time the ball is passed down to yao, so they just assume to not call it at all.

4. Deepsouth

Deepsouth Member

Did you notice how Dampier catch Ming's Jersy?

5. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

yeah it was total bullshi*t thats why even though yao was 4-16 or whatever, i'm not going to jump on any bandwagon about dampier's superior defense or yao being in any shape or form of a shooting offnight. Alot of the shots rattled in and out too. I bet Dampier thinks hes top sh*it now.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Can anyone tell me why we dont run more high-post? Yesterday, Yao was clearly having trouble down low with the GS centers. On hte rare occasions he is having trouble down low, why can't we have him shoot a few jumpers from the outside. This would definitely open up the lanes for Cat and Steve as well.

7. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

EVERY GAME

YAO IS BRUTALIZED.

8. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

I don't like to blame Refs.

I hate JVG's stupid decision and ugly offense strategy.

With so many retired Knicks players, ROX's offense is almost zero.

MJ is zero offense. AG is zero offense. Okaley is zero offense. Now SF3 is almost zero offense. How can ROX win the games against Western conference teams?

With JVG's stupid philosophy, ROX have no future.

I smell that ROX would have at least 4 streak loss.

9. J-Baller

J-Baller Member

Can we get Rudy T. to be a assistant coach so he can tell Jeff Van Gundy how to play Francis.

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Everyone knows how to play Francis, just spread the floor and let him play ISO. But the problem is how to play Francis and WIN?

11. J-Baller

J-Baller Member

Jeff won't let Steve Iso he wants him to get spot up shots, but Steve can create when he penetrates and breaks down his opponent.

12. Alibabayomama

Alibabayomama Member

it'd be nice to have a mix of the Steve game and the Yao game.:cool:

I love it when Steve does one of his crossovers that leaves a defender looking the other way or on his butt...I also love Yao in the post and spotting up for the open jumper.

:p

13. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

VG needs to address the mugging Yao is taking by getting a T as soon as he sees that the refs are going to allow BS defense. If Yao pulled half the crap his opponents did, he'd foul out before halftime.

The Shaq comparis on doesn't hold up because he gets away with as much as he receives. Yao doesn't bowl people over to score the way Shaq does. So Yao is just getting screwed w/o any consolation. Again, VG needs to speak up and take action.

14. feishen

feishen Member

Why did you watch it again?

15. Remix

Remix Member

Those refs last night were r****ded, that has to be the worst offciating game i have ever seen. The frequent fouls on ming, calling mobley out of bounds when his foot was clearly in bounds, calling a full time out when JVG called a 20.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They did do that probably 4 or 5 times in that game, but his shots weren't falling.

17. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It should also be mentioned that Pietrus was mugging Francis for most of the game as well. Completely through him off. By the end of the game, the refs started calling offensive fouls on us for slapping a away their grabbing arms.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's true Kenny. The ESPN guys were talking about that too. They said it was unbelievable how many times Stevie was getting physically beaten. He was on the deck so much. They were talking about how him and Iverson take such physical abuse from other players.

There was so much contact last night. It was unreal how much the refs were allowing.

19. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

I thought we were getting " Oakley the enforcer "

:confused:

20. sgm

sgm Member

JVG is entirely accustomed to it.What can he do for it? Doing a close shave to object to it?:eek: