1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao for Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jj3469, Apr 10, 2010.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

How about an Al Jefferson, Evan Turner for Yao plus future pick(s), (assuming the T'wolves get the #2 pick.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Uh that would be interesting too....

DD

3. Seth

Seth Member

I am assuming you also mean both the rights to trade pick with NY and their pick in 2012.
    I always liked Al Jefferson, he tops my list in the "i think they would be better players on better systems". But his injuries as of late have make me a little bit less fan of him.
    I don´t think NBA China would allow us to do that trade anyway.

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yes, although I'd try to find a way to only give them one of those NY picks.

You could say that about a certain big man on our team.

And yeah, I know it is very unlikely, due to the money Yao brings in, and his extreme loyalty to us. It would upset me very much if we traded Yao, but if it's for the good of the team, I'm all for it.

5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Why do people even bring up the subject of trading Yao? It will not happen. It simply isn't an option for the team. He's pretty important as a rare type of game-changing player, and more importantly to the team, he's way too important from a marketing standpoint. Whether you agree that that's a good reason for his non-tradeability is another question. But it's the way it is. He's a Rocket for as long as they can keep him. Any trade ideas are just wishful thinking.

6. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying he's an "up and coming allstar." He's not gonna get more votes than Deron Williams or Chris Paul. He's sure not gonna get more votes the Steve Nash or Kobe Bryant. Brandon Roy you can toss in as well. I'd say he's an "up and coming STAR." BTW, Brooks could have 4 other scorers on the team and still try to score 30 points, he's just a natural shoot-first point guard.

7. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

Last time i checked, Al Jefferson is injury prone too. However, i'd still love to have him come aboard. I'm sure Yao remember the last time he face Al and he dropped like 40+ on us.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Because AB gets his fans up and coming.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Man, I would love a team with that many scorers on the floor......and test your theory.

DD

10. Nero

Nero Member

You have been a member since 2003 and this was your 25th post?

Ouch.

11. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yeah, Jefferson always seems to freaking dominate us, no mattger who we put on him.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yao + Bosh sounds better.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The only way we get Bosh is giving up Brooks, and a post player like Scola or Hill and some draft picks. this would end up being a last second deal because they wont make any deals until Bosh officially asks for an out, and I dont believe Bosh would make a decision until he knows where all the major players (lebron, Dwade) are signing first.

Seeing now that they are all probably staying put, look for New York to offer him the world to come over and use all that cap space. Im not sure if the Rockets wants to get in a bidding war with NY over a player who really is a stat filler but not a winner, but Morey, so far, has always gotten the guy he wants in the end like he did with Martin, but it might come at a price of bogging down our books for years past his prime like Tmac.

14. battousai

battousai Member

One thing for sure Rockets will not get into a bidding war with knicks. If Bosh chooses to go FA, we probably will not be able to retain his service as we got no cap. Plus, Bosh probably won't be getting max money at all.

However, if Bosh or anyone of the big name FA decided to go thru S&T route, We may have a very good shot at one of them. Knicks can't touch us in the S&T as they have only David Lee for bait.

I think with DM's capabllity we should be able to retain Scola and sign Bosh with either given up Aiza, lowry, or hayes with picks.

15. jj3469

jj3469 Member

and?? i come to clutchfans for news not to argue with people who don't know squat about the nba

16. johnnyonthespot

LOL. Flawless logic.
    Epic post.