1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao for Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jj3469, Apr 10, 2010.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea who cares about winning a championship and being a better team right! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fans don't want anything other than Les making money.

Like Leebig said, the rockets don't rake in the MOST REVENUE. There are many other teams that do, and that is because their players actually play for them.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I actually thinks its kinda funny. I expect to see a smiley everytime. Kinda like everytime i see the pic with morey on the bench and is turning around for the cam, its kinda funny.

3. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Not this season. Maybe, next season ......... Will Yao be healthy? Maybe, but Yao will definitely play.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

For sure? His team defense is better than Dwight, his array of post moves is wider than Dwight, when the game is on the line anybody with a brain would rather have the ball in Yao's hands or Dwight's hands (mainly due to FT shooting). Head to head, Yao owns Dwight.

Dwight is a great player, better rebounder, better shotblocker.

But Yao is better than Dwight. He is the best center in the league.

5. MandM's

MandM's Member

hopefully the surgery works this time and Yao can be healthy

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

And breakdown in time for the playoffs.

7. leebigez

Lets see, one guy is first team all nba, led his team to the finals,about to be the first player to ever lead the league in rebounding and blk shots for 2 straight years, plays every game, and despite not having great post moves nor great defense as some would tell you, he averages almost 20ppg and his team is top 5 defensively despite playing with a bunch of small forwards and his team has the 2nd best record in the league. Did i mention the guy is 24? Now who is the better player again?

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yao because he makes Les money.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

All right son, I am about to take you to school, so prepare.

All-NBA 1st team is nothing more than media hype.

I never once said Dwight does not play defense. Now you are fabricating words in my mouth. GTFO. I do think Yao alters more shots than Dwight though because of his size. But Dwight is a great defensive anchor, no doubt.

I acknowledged Dwight is a great player (better than Yao in shotblocking/rebounding), definitely an elite center, I said Yao was a better overall player. And I stand by this (head for head does not lie, and Yao's game is much more well rounded).

Yes Dwight's team did make it to the finals (in a weak conference). Look at the Magic team, Turkoglu/Lewis were playing like allstars last year. I would not say Dwight led them there, obviously without Dwight they do not make it, but without Lewis or Turkoglu, they probably do not get there either. Keep in mind the the Rockets were having a very good run last year before Yao got injured (with championship being a very realistic possibility). Who knows how far they would have gone.

Stop watching ESPN and start watching basketball. Thank you.

10. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Until Bosh brings in shoe deals to his role playing bench players, I'm sticking with Yao... :grin:

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why does this Yao-Dwight argument sound so familiar.

There is only one idiot that spews this crap like you do and he is the BizzleRocket, WeMissDekeMan,Poinforward guy.
    Me is suspicious.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Bosh is overated on this board. He never proved himself in playoffs. I am not sure he is the right player that the rockets need.

p.s., don't talk to me about Gasol. We don't have a player like Kobe.

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Championships = Money$$$$$$$$$$$$$

14. leebigez

You really schooled me bizzlerocket,lol. So since hinrich locks down pierce, i guess he's better also. Fact is, hedo was average player until he got to play with howard. Fact is, Nelson made the all star game cause he played with howard. How many players have yao helped become all stars? Its not a knock on yao, but its alot easier to build a team around howard than yao. Thats not opionion, thats fact. You can count on howard 82 games a year. You can count on howard like Toyota Camry. Yao on the other hand is like a Jaguar. It looks nice and drives well when its not in the shop half the time.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Budinger is not black, how he brings more black people?

16. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Budinger is secretly black

Proof: his hops

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

LOL!!!!! Nice analogy

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I dont know

Id probably still take a Jag.

19. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

but that's only for getting the babes though

when you settle down, you'll take a camry anyday

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bosh is better then yao, comon people. the guy is a better player .